New Event: ARI Fun Race #6 Putnam Park

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

ARI Fun Race #6 Putnam Park
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read this page before entering the ARI Server

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest League Results
    http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php?dataarray[dest]=standdrv&dataarray[IDseason]=1

1960's World Class Racing All Tracks Version 1.01 mod is required
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod

Important that you start the game in offline mod, select the 1960's World Class Racing Series, Car of choice. Than your able to join the server. It's a small bug with the mod.

So what's it all about?

Accretion Racing International (ARI) uses the system Sim Racing 4 Life. This means you will need to sign up at two sites, our Forum and our League site.

ARI's Sim Racing 4 Life Forums:
    http://sr4l.com/modules.php?name=Forums
    Here you will be able to introduce yourself to the community, Live Chat, browse information and much more.
    &
    ARI's Sim Racing 4 Life League:
    http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php
    Here you can find all information about News, Drivers, Teams, Standings, Results and more.

Important to note when signing up that you select yes for Notifications. This means your account can be activated and you will receive important information regarding races or system updates.

*Your information will not be shared with any Third Parties.

Please note,
    the car you sign up with is the car you must race with or the system will not detect you. If you wish to edited your Car on the League site you can under Driver/Edit Data/Seasons or simply PM admin to do so.

Count Down
    [​IMG]

Live Timing will be running on all official session
    http://www.sr4l.com/

Server Details
    Server name: ARI 1960's F3
    Race Day Password: sr4l (only required on race day)

Official Session Times:

Please note all times are BST (British Summer Time) Just google BST if your not sure.

26/07/2012 20:00pm Practice

27/07/2012 20:00pm Practice

28/07/2012 20:00pm Practice

29/07/2012 19.25pm Qualifying (30 minutes)

*19:55pm Warmup (5 minutes)

*Minimum one Pit Stop required for Races may change if pit bug persists

*20:00 Race 1 (20 minutes)
    *20:30 Race 2 (20 minutes)
    *21:00 Race 3 (20 minutes) Reverse grid order

*approx 5 minute break in between races.

RULES OF SEASON: ARI 1960'S FUN CUP

Cars allowed

EVE F3 and the Spark F3

Points & Bonus Points System

1st : 10
    --2nd : 9
    ----3rd : 8
    ------4th : 7
    -------5th : 6
    ---------6th : 5
    ----------7th : 4
    ------------8th : 3
    -------------9th : 2
    --------------10th :1

Bonus Points

Pole position: 1
    Fastest lap: 1
    Every full lap you lead: 1
    Most laps on led: 2
    Just for finishing: 2

Driving Aids and Server Settings

Fuel Normal
    50% Damage
    Tyres Normal
    Time Scale Normal
    Forced Driving View to Nose or Cockpit
    All assists off with the exception of Auto Clutch

Race Rules

No chatting during Qualifying or Race.
    A minumum of one pit stops is required. Tyres must be changed.
    DNF rule. Driver will receive a point if they complete 80% of the race.
    Car numbering not required.
    Driver positions taken to team standings, 5
    Driver positions taken to constructor standings, 10
    Driver positions taken to car standings, 1
    Driver positions taken to country standings, 1

Settings may vary if problems are found

Penalties and Handcaps

No penalties defined
    No weight handicaps defined

Please note

Drivers who have not signed up for our system are more than welcome to race but your results will not count. This rule applies only for our 1960's Fun Race F3 League.

Members will always have Priority over non members on race day.

Teamspeak

Address: 176.28.41.189 *no port number required as it is default for TS3
    password sr4l

Current ARI League Drivers

http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php?dataarray[dest]=drivers

Currently we have 38 members.

Mills Park

Mills Park was again a great nights racing. With the challenge of time scaled 24hrs, driving though a full night into the morning was a lot of fun. The racing was first class and the level of professionalism is outstanding at ARI. Congratulations to Marcel with a win in race 1 and Todd with a fantastic effort to hold the field off in the reverse grid order race.

Well done to all drivers finished, Bad luck to those who didn't. See you all at Putnam Park.

Best Regards,
    Bryan Ferguson ARI Administrator
    Dany Mitchel ARI Administrator

If you have any questions please don't hesitate PM me Fergy (Bryan)

Looking forward to seeing you all on Track and Good Luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling generous?

Any monies donated to help run ARI are very much appreciated. You can make payments through our PayPal set up on the League site or the Forum site. Simply look for Donate in the left hand column.

Every little bit counts
    http://sr4l.com/modules.php?name=Donations

Thanks again and enjoy ARI

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  2. ippai

ippai Registered

Yeah Baby !!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  3. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Here we are, ready for action :D

4. ippai

ippai Registered

The rain will have to be turned off on the server otherwise times are 2.5 seconds faster when it rains!!!!

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I'm going to skip this event guys; just chewing my wheel in frustration!

It's not about slow lap times; I can handle being slow, but just not being able to get ANY setup working for me, even the ones I got from the fast guys.......oversteer, understeer, sliding all of the sudden in strange places, locking up just all of the sudden........

That is not what this should be about; I'm here for the fun, not to get a heart attack out of frustration. ;)

Having a nice setup and control of the car while being slow, is cool; this is not.

Back to offline; good luck guys!

6. ippai

ippai Registered

Maybe you can ask Brian Cox at least he s still alive!!

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

missed that:eek: fixed

8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

or Courteney:p

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

In theory it looks as a very difficult track to overtake. The only and main straight ends up in a quick braking, not enough to try to outbrake the car in front. If you don't make a mistake in the last curve of every lap you can keep the guys behind smelling your engine gasses for the whole race. Lots of patience needed there.
    If we don't do pitstops the front left tyre can be a killer at the end of the race (Who will treat the better while being fast?).
    Also is quite diffcult to find the best compromise between gears in all curves to make the most of the car.

10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

really hoping we can pit this race. I hope we can gather a few guys Sunday night to solve a mystery or two.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ill try to be there.

12. ippai

ippai Registered

Brian rain is still on server!

1 person likes this.
  13. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Times are now down to 1.12 :D

14. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Thats what I like about this track you have to be patient and calculated you don't want to mess up your race or your competitions so being alert and maintaining focus will win here. This track will be a great learning experience for myself and others. Its is good that putnam is pretty wide so choosing to overtake on the turns shouldn't be to difficult but having the wrong line on corner entry will make or break a race for that driver. Also Mills went well with limited contact and I think we are all getting better and respecting each others space so i expect some good racing here. Lovin ARI! ;)

15. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I won't be able to practice those pit stops tomorrow. A busy agenda. A cousin's wedding today. Another family event tomorrow and at night time to study for a special framework certification exam this tuesday (who said you can rest in summer even at work? August come fast please).

16. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

What times are people doing in the dry? Not that much time to practice this week.

17. Deecee52

Deecee52 Registered

Wim dont give up, i am struggling on setup as this is a strange track which as you say gives varying grip levels, i will be ontrack Sat night and pass you a setup to try

1 person likes this.
  18. Dan AccretionRacing

Dan AccretionRacing Registered

Ok seems like some of you Are not understanding the live viewer

all live timeing is not at that link that link is for admin and moderator

ALL LIVE TIMING IS FOUND ON OUR FRONT PAGE @ WWW.SR4L.COM GO TO THE LINK AND LOOK HALF WAY DOWN THE PAGE
    IF THE LIVE TIMING STATUS IS OFFLINE THEN NO LIVE TIMING IS AVAILABLE THIS DOSE NOT MEAN THE SERVER IS DOWN JUST THE DATABASE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER IS MAY BE SWITCHED OF DUE TO HIGH MEMORY USAGE IT IS NORMALLY ON FOR OFFICAL PRACTICES AND RACE EVENTS AND ON REQUEST TO

JEAN TODT AT WWW.SR4L.COM

19. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

1 15 5xx -- 1 17 5xx

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi DeeCee, thanks for the offer; I would like to try that. Ashamed to say though, that I don't know your name in the server.......going by DC, it could be two guys :)

I'll be in the server tonight, see you then and thanks.