Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Please get back on topic, this is a thread for discussing the Endurance Pack. Thanks.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i dont have VR yet i just saying others ppl experience

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

One more time, back on topic

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

It would be awesome if the is a flashlight option. I guess it couldn't be that hard to include to the cars/core.
    Maybe a option to turn on and off the foglights on and off.
    I just can't stop driving the porsche. It's a real blast. The bmw is also great, but I can't shift without watching the shiftlights. If I don't, I overrev the car.
    Cheers

5. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster Registered

Agreed, it's easy enough to tick the lights on/off manually to flash but having a button mapped to do it automatically on the car would be nice too.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-1110-now-available.59808/page-46#post-952268

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Would be useful in things like the VEC. I don't race there myself but I've seen time and time again people tripping over each other. A "I'm going left" or "I'm going right" would be good.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Let's say they implemented the turn signals for the GT cars. Say I'm fast approaching a GT3 or GTE (remember this is make believe....)and the driver turns on his right turn signal. Is that meant to say he is going to the right portion of the track? Or I should pass on the right?
    btw, the 'flashlight' option to an American might mean using a hand held light, I believe the Brits call that a Torch. Perhaps an option called Flashing the Lights might be clearer to us Yanks. (But then there are those wh.....lol....nevermind.)

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Off topic,but i find it funny how literal the yanks are when the name things.

Hand held light
    Eye glasses,lol like there are any other glasses we wear

Sorry if I come across as being a dick,I just wonder if they think we are too vague in our naming of items.

10. Promag

Promag Registered

Beer glasses, wine glasses, sun glasses, glasses.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Use them in the same way you would your indicators in your car: indicate right, then pass on the right.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

don't worry, even different parts of the Country have different names for things. Take for example...Di....uh, never mind.....

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

With multiclass racing the car overtaking has the responsibility to make the pass safely.
    The car being passed should be predictable and not defensive.

Very important to remember that in roundy round racing you do the reverse of what i wrote above. ;)

14. Depco

Depco Registered

In our league the passing car has the responsibility to make the pass in a safe an effective manner. This then means that the driver being overtaken must be predictable. That means that the slower car stays on their racing line. The overtaking car goes around them when safe to do so.

ebeninca likes this.
  15. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

At a track day I did here in Australia we were advised by the track Marshall to use indicators to signal the side you want the faster approaching car to overtake on, eg if you want them to go to your left, indicate left.

This came in handy when I was in an AE86 and there was a carerra cup Porsche doing laps lol

bwana and Jego like this.
  16. Filip

Filip Registered

This is totally counterintuitive to me

RaceNut likes this.
  17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I agree, we use turn-indicators to tell other drivers where we are going. We have fingers to tell others where they should go . . . :p:D

18. Filip

Filip Registered

If you want to overtake a slow truck in my country on a road where visibility is not good they will turn right inficator if it is safe to do it (we drive on the right and overtake on the left side). If it is not safe truck driver will turn left indicator which means "Dont you dare to go on the left side! Either I am going there or it is not safe." So that what that track Marshall said doesn't make any sense to me

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Opposite to Australia but then you guys are on the wrong end of the earth, drive on the wrong side and sit on the wrong sideo_O:)

Goanna and ADSTA like this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

It’s not the difficult really,the overtaking car has to do the manoeuvre,the overtaken car should just run a predictable line.

Nannying shouldn’t be needed,shite happens

McKiernan likes this.