Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In the UK many still drive manuals. Not sure about the rest of Europe.

2. Filip

Filip Registered

In Croatia more than 95% are manuals.
    Probably 98 - 99%

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

What is POB ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As much as I wish they simulated (to some extent) various mechanisms to suit the different eras of car, for competition aspects we can't escape the fact that you can't police hardware. There's just no way to ensure that the people you're racing against are doing all the same proper things, even if the game tries to make it so. For that reason I would say most competitions won't feature much use of less modern inputs, because winning is winning.

But as a simulation, the game should absolutely make it possible. rF2 players aren't the type generally to be unaware of these 'outdated' technologies, if anything they're more likely to want to try them and master the techniques themselves. And for those unaware a proper simulation is itself a discovery and learning tool.

*I would draw a parallel with flight simulators, or combat flight simulators. A modern simulator might have 'combat' which basically involves interacting with an onboard computer and pulling a trigger. Many people with no flying experience whatsoever would rather fly (in a game!) much older era planes where proper dogfights happen, where stalling is a real thing and position is key. Same for old cars vs the new electronic marvels.

5. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

pob.jpg

but I think he probably meant 'Pat on Back'

patchedupdemon and lagg like this.
  6. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Fully agree.

GT3 for 15€, LMP/GTE for 15€, Hong Kong is 8€ so I don't expect Sebring could be cheaper...

We are talking about 38€, it's money enough to update rfactor2. "Patient" was ok when we paied 45€ for a videogame for ten years and we were 50,000 users in rfactor2, but not now.

Best free items from moders in the workshop uploaded after Studio397 started in September 2016 have 5,000 suscribers, the best free mods/tracks have the same suscribers as oficial DLCs from Studio397.

So after ISI left the game die we are 5,000 users. People go to other games, not came here to say their preference about rfactor2 development. I think that it's time to update rfactor2 after we did our part paying the DLCs.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  7. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Almost all car owners use manuals in Hungary.

8. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Here in Spain most cars have clutch.
    And most of the cars i've rented in Europe had clutch too.

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Must be just an murica thang,I’m suprised though their gas pedals are not twice as big as the rest of the worlds
    Cuz bigger is better if course

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Because Europeans know how to drive.[/joke]

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

....on German Autobahn :p

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

valtteri bottas broke his gear box on red bull ring
    good to see such things in simulation games

14. racer91

racer91 Registered

We have 22 drivers registered for the VOR Summer Endurance Series! Join us for Round 1 at Istanbul on Monday, July 9th!

Registration still open! Come race with us.

Race thread here.

15. Depco

Depco Registered

@Ari Antero if you recall ISI made a fair number of announcements and promises that did not come to fruition. As it turns out they were not up to the task of producing an actual "game" from their physics simulator. S397 likely does not have the resources to add this feature and produce content, fix the known bugs and issues, as well as turn rF2 into a competition (esports) platform. Maybe I am wrong. But if I am, it is certainly not supported by anything mentioned by S397 staff.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Depco The positive side to this is that having some sort of implementation of these things in itself wouldn't be that difficult, once they get the bigger stuff out of the way. So it's always possible it can come later, even if it's not talked about now. Other gmotor-based games have done things in this area precisely because it's not in itself a huge task, depending on what level you want to do it at. And that's I think where ISI went wrong, aiming too high everywhere. rF1 was more of a complete game than rF2 has been, so I don't think ISI was incapable, they just stretched too far. S397 will need time to work through all areas, these things we pedants want probably won't attract the masses and their omission won't keep the masses away either - poor graphics and performance will. I talk of patience not because I think we should wait 30 years for a decent sim, but because the past has shown these things don't move quickly and from the current state I can't see things changing overnight.

17. Depco

Depco Registered

@Lazza I certainly agree with your post above. I think we are making a similar, if not the same, point. Just coming from a slightly different perspective. I am hoping that the performance improvements and release of quality content will help draw new users to rF2. Lord knows our Wednesday night league race could use some more drivers on the grid.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

… and add to the votes for the sim features we want :p

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@Lazza and @Depco Why do you think VR and rain has top priority as you can see below? Could it be that VR elite (0,5%) makes lot of heat in Discord and S397 forums?

Roadmap update june 2018:
    "When we released our performance update, we already indicated that we were aware that the specific combination of using VR and rain still was causing problems, frame rate wise, and that we would be addressing those in a future update. We are happy to announce that we have found a good solution that gives a significant improvement and we’ll be releasing that next month."

@bobbie424242 :
    "Will the rain performance improvements also apply to non VR ? Because rain causes a massive hit in performance in 4K and on a beefy system (1080TI)."

@Marcel Offermans :
    "I typically see a 20% drop in framerate when it rains, and I configure my system to cope with that (having some extra margin when it's not raining)."

Why do you think common users don`t have top priority and why is Marcel not aware that drop in framerate when it rains is much more than 20% ? Could it be that as soon there is post about lack of major futures in rF2, drop of framerate etc it is doomed and the buttkickers are ruling the forum. I think that S397 have the resources but major path of the community seem not to realize that rF2 is common hobby to all of us which is something VR elite has figured out.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Just out of curiosity, where did you get that percentage?