Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Wipers on race cars are designed to be central on the windscreen, this is because at high speeds if they were at regular road car positions they would eventually snap off due to high winds at continuous excessive speeds.

As noted above, turning them ON then "fast" then Off moves them to a better central position, there's currently an issue with their default position that's slightly off to one side for some reason.

jayarrbee36 and buddhatree like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yeah makes sense
    its aero thing

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I barely noticed it after a while.

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Is there any way to force on the lights on these cars?

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

... unless we're interested in simulating a car that has it. Isn't that the point?

Emery and jayarrbee36 like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Which layer do you paint on for the templates? I've tried the 'colour' and 'background' ones but nothing (as they're usually where you paint on other templates)

I'm using GIMP. But if I paint on any of the other layers I paint over the shaders or whatever.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  7. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello :)

Chistopher Elliot... can we expect a update on the Endurance pack cars with all of the issues that were mencioned here??

Specially the low quality mirrors on the LMP2 and M8 and the stupid "air flow" in the GTE cars to the rear disk brakes that is not happening at all... so for some tracks is undrivable... that obviously brings the problem of the hot disk temps in the rear to be super high all the time and the problems under braking that it brings and not to mention also that the rear tires suffer with much more hot temps than normal and of course affects a lot traction out of the corners also!!!... :(

8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Is it me or the GTE cars drive better with in-car TC entirely disabled (set to 1, the default being 5) ?

mesfigas and patchedupdemon like this.
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I looked into the brake temps and would say that its ok how it is. Yes they are cooling down slower but they are in the optimal temperature window because they don´t get so hot while braking caused by the lower brake torque at the rear. I even don´t have problems with the rear tyre temperature. Maybe you should adjust your setup or driving style.

peterchen likes this.
  10. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

No Andregee, it depends a lot of the track that you race on of course, diferent turns, etc. btw this is only directed to Chistopher! ;) keep your opinion to yourself if you don't know for sure what you are talking about.

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I know what I am talking about. I don't have problems to handle the cars

12. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

In general I'm very happy with this release. The cars all look and sound great and I'm pleased with how most of them are driving.
    Unfortunately I'm not so happy with the Oreca 07. I must echo burgesjl's earlier comments - this car seems to have way, way too much understeer.
    I know this isn't necessarily the best way to judge, but I attempted a qualifying run with the Oreca 07 at Silverstone and was about 5 seconds off real-world times from last year. And that was with some setup changes to try and improve the balance. By contrast, my best hot lap with the 911 RSR was right there with its real-world qualifying averages from last year.
    If anyone has had any luck tuning the Oreca 07 I'd love to hear from you! ;)
    Anyway, I prefer to finish on a positive note. What about the sounds of the Porsche?! :cool: Glorious!!!

Schumi likes this.
  13. racer91

racer91 Registered

Does anyone know if there is a way to generate horsepower/torque curve graphs for the different cars? Similarly, is there any information on optimal engine, tire, or brake temperatures?

I believe the files are encrypted. However, one would expect this information to be provided by the vehicle/tire manufacturer to teams.

Thanks!

SPASKIS likes this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thats like me playing with a controller in chase cam with ABS , SC and TCS and using a racing line because thats how I want to play my Sims , heck I usually just let the Ai drive for me ! Because....Sim !

ebeninca likes this.
  15. Shawn

Shawn Registered

Usually forgot to post this sort of thing but I really think in this case it's well deserved.

Bloody top job S397!!! Amazing cars, excellent work and we'll worth the coin. I look forward to the years of enjoyment I will get out of these.

Keep up the good work!

alexSchmurtz and David O'Reilly like this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

If its in the REAL car and this is trying to simulate real life why should it not have the same features as its real life counterpart ?
    Why and how is it a "fake " feature if its a real feature ?
    I understand this guy @Ace Pumpkin is spouting BS everywhere but saying this is a fake features is also BS !
    I also find it totally annoying getting stopped changing gear as I feel the need but the real car would also stop me and I would need to adjust my driving style to suit it .

McKiernan and Filip like this.
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How do I find this and not find them all to be Ai ?

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is one of the most annoying parts of rF2 ! Just about all cars have mirrors pointing in the wrong direction! How can it be this way ? We all sit in approximately the same spot yet some cars are so far off its unbelievable:( I get my seat right then have to adjust the mirror that moves the seat at the same time ,so I need to adjust the seat all the way back after getting the right hand mirror correct, grrr

Mibrandt and patchedupdemon like this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

??
    Im torn , there is so many mixed reports on this pack !
    If only someone who is impartial to review this , lol
    Bugs are in every piece of software ,but to not give a toss ?? I find that strange !
    Im a simracing fanboy and will hope for perfection in any and all sims . Not not give a toss ,but rather encourage that perfection i chase .

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Guimengo likes this.
  20. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

There's a setting in the player.json file that locks mirrors in place and allows for seat adjustment. Sadly I'm at work and can't check what it's called. It'll be Mirror or Rearview something.