New Brabham BT20 v1.6 League - Gauging interest

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by dylbie, Mar 1, 2015.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

A few of us over at F1SR have been trying the new Brabham BT20 v1.6 and we are all in agreement that this is one of the best mods available in the sim racing world right now.

We'd like to start a new league using this car around a wide range of different tracks, and using our/your own custom made skins to add a bit of variety and colour to the grid. The skins would all have to be period though ie. no 'Monster' or 'Red Bull' logos!

I'm making this post to put a feeler out to see how many people would be interested. Our races are usually run on Saturday evenings British time, and we usually race for about 60 minutes.

If you're interested, please post here. Also, if you have any track suggestions, race format ideas, or any other of your suggestions for a league with this great car, then please post them up :)

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hello, if one league I'm always with doesn't work out I will be looking at this. For tracks, there's a bit of a limitation of proper content available so these are some I'd recommend you testing:

- Lime Rock Park (No chicane, Uphill chicane)
    - Monte Carlo 1966
    - Brianza (Monza) 1966
    - Mountain Peak
    - Sepang (GP, South Loop)
    - Brands Hatch 1.01
    - Essington 1.04
    - Longford 1967 .98
    - Putnam Park 1.0
    - RaceFactor Suzuka 2013 1.05
    - Virtua LM Sebring 1.91

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  3. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Good tracks! That seems to be the problem with rF2 at the moment - a lack of decent tracks! The ones you've listed though are enough for a league. Now we just need more drivers :)

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sorry, I forgot to list one of the first two layouts of Tiger Moth.
    Also, I cannot commit as I am waiting on the league I regularly run to make a few decisions on their next series. The cars #11, 21 and 27 have a special calling to me.

5. Miro

Miro Registered

I might jump in, depends on the racing times tho.

6. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I think looking at the traffic in our server there seems to be a lot interest in the car. It's just a case now of bringing some well matched tracks together, and finding a day and time that is convenient for most. We ran a successful 1965 rF1 league about a year ago which was fantastic. We allowed custom skins for that so people could put their own names on their cars, modify real liveries, or make their own 1960s skins. It worked well and there were some great looking cars. I'm hoping to emulate that league now into rF2, and with the Brabham release, it is the perfect time to do it.

I think we would either run on Friday nights, alternate Saturday nights (to fit in with our URD League), or Sunday nights. Our times are usually:
    2000GMT - Practice
    2100 - Qualifying
    2130 - Warm-up
    2140 - Race (usually around 60mins)

These times could be altered slightly if enough people wanted to change them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  7. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Hi, dylbie. I might be interested and already have an account with f1SR; but, when I click the link you gave for the poll, I get a message that says Access Denied. The page shows me as logged in. What else did I miss? Thanks.

8. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Hi Jim, I've had to remove the page on F1SR forum but keep looking on there for an upcoming league using these cars.

9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Will do. Thank you.

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

It would be good to replace the modern tracks with Palm Beach and Dijon.

The current performance of RF2 and this car, are perfect to bring some hardcore GPL drivers to modern times.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015