New Ati Driver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasJon, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I installed the 12.8 driver and just want to inform that it doesn't do anything for the stuttering when using CrossfireX :-(

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's more of an ISI issue I would think, future updates should eventually fix it.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Tim did mention that driver optimization for the sim was more like sim optimization for the driver based on ATI's responses to them.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

what?

5. Lecram

Lecram Registered

ATI told ISI to piss off.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

where?

7. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Ask GJ, he knows. I'm not getting in to discussions at this hour :eek:

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

who is gj?

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The thread where Tim suggests that the ATI driver situation is to be sorted at ISI's end is here

Cheers

Goanna

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks?

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I am using 12.7. I have a HD 6990 (single card but dual GPU ie crossfire). I setup a profile for rf2 in catalyst where I set crossfire mode to AFR Friendy D3D. This helped my framerate a lot. I seem to have smooth running usually at full 60fps. I have to set vsync to video in order to avoid the usual dual GPU micro-stutter which affects all games I have.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

to people with crossfire stutters, most of the time stutters are cause due to timings of frame renderings and other stuff between the 2 cards, when fps change (even if its from lets say 150 fps to 135) all the timings change and everything is changing and not synching, if you use a program to limit your frames per second to lets say 60ish it should really help (Im talking about vsyn off, I dont use it adds too much lag). The less variation to the frames the less stutter you should get so limit them.

Also, if you add a 3rd card in trifire, apart from now having more power to up more graphics, have higher fps, more anti aliasing, etc the third card also has the effect of removing almost all stutters associated with dual card setups. This has been proven in many online forums and also real proffessional review sites.

I started a thread about it on here a week or 2 ago, one guy went ahead and got a third 6950 and said that it was like a miracle, all his games were as smooth as butter now, complete change. Unfortunately he said there was only 1 game of the 4 or 5 he had that DIDNT get smoothened out by the 3rd card, that was unfortunately rFactor 2, but that could just be his system or due to it being in BETA, the 3rd card in general works WONDERS. Plus, scaling (how many fps the card adds compared to how many the others each add) is usually very good with 3 cards aswell.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Overclocked CPU to 3.6mhz (E8400) and 7850 to 1050core 1300mem:

Heaven Benchmark v3.0 Basic
    FPS: 68.4
    Scores: 1723
    Min FPS: 24.9
    Max FPS: 134.7

Significant increase over stock and I know this GPU can overclock more, will leave everything as is for a week or two just to check overall stability then up the GPU some more. Will leave the CPU at 3.6 as its old and cant afford to risk that burning out too soon!