Need VERY basic help to get started

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Nagy, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're going into the series selection area. You won't find any cars or tracks there, and search won't find any either - it'll only find series.

When you click accept you're accepting the current series (let's assume all tracks and cars) so it takes you back out. You're finished selecting a series.

You then need to go into car selection area, or the track selection area.

You have another thread now, maybe your content has somehow disappeared, but I think you're not understanding what you're asking the UI to do. Mind you it's not very clear or intuitive.

2. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

I'm sorry, but I'm not following what you're trying to explain (please bear with me - I'm still VERY new at this stuff, and am really feeling like I'm in WAY over my head). It sounds like you're telling me I'm in the wrong place, but you haven't told me where I should be. Please explain how to get to the track selection and car selection areas. But doesn't the fact that no cars or tracks are showing up Installed/Locations or Installed/Vehicles subfolders say I'm out of luck as far as having access to any tracks or cars in RF2? Somehow, I've lost those, and need to have someone explain what I have to do to reload them. Should I uninstall and reinstall RF2? But I've already paid for it, and I really don't feel like buying it again, especially if it's prone to wiping out the content I need to use it. I've seen youtube videos explaining how to load tracks that are not native to RF2, but I'd like to leave that as a last resort, because it looks very complicated, and it irks me that I've lost content that I've paid for. Thanks.

And yes, I started another thread specific to this problem. I was concerned that this thread was getting so long that it was getting difficult for me to maneuver within in.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As I said, you may well have an issue. But above I linked to Mitch's post, where he showed a screenshot of the main single player screen and circled where you select the car and track. I'll quote it here directly - he's circled where you click to change the track and car. (click on 'view attachment' below)