Need some info Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aardvark892, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Aardvark892

Aardvark892 Registered

Hi All,
    I've done a search of the forums and of the site and youtube, but I can't find a couple of answers I need before I consider buying rFactor 2. I currently own and play Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Does rF2 let you pick and choose each of the AI cars, like AC, or just by class, like PC? I know that rF2 has weather and night time (thank goodness), but do the wipers work? What about TrackIR? IN AC, you can look all around you, even behind, but PC only lets you look straight left and right... how far around me can I look with the TrackIR in rF2? I understand that rF2 isn't as "pretty" as AC, but I don't care about that... I'm a strictly off-line player, and I hear everywhere that rF2 has the best AI around. Also, can I set up races by picking the track, picking the time/weather, picking the AI cars and deciding on skill level of each AI car? Sorry about so many questions... it's just that the 32 bucks it costs on Steam is a lot for me. I'd love to support this game if it can do at least some of the things I'm asking about.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes you can choose individual cars, wipers don't have any effect yet, I don't use trackir in rf2, but with free look, you can look all around, so I don't see any problems there. You can pick whatever you want, track, car, time, weather. Individual car strength I don't think you can do, but you can play with the ai sliders and find a setting you like.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Right now this is not very easy to do. You`ll need to go on track alone and then push add AI button and select every AI you need in small drop down list. If list of mod cars is big its very hard. Also for some mods AI drivers are assigned to AI cars by rF2 automatically, so out of user control.

I suppose this can change with new UI currently developed by S397. But no confirmation.

Track - yes, time/weather - yes, "deciding on skill level of each AI car" - no.

With some mods, that have car-driver pairs assigned properly, like Enduracers mod, its easy to have consistent AI competitors by selecting one class and setting number of AI to number of cars in that class minus 1 (for your car).

4. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

You can pick each car class tou want as your ai. For example the urd egt class. Within that class you have the AM, the Porsches, Ferrari, Corvette, BMW and the Viper. Then you can set the ai level for each brand so let' s say Ferrari at 101%, Porsches at 102%, Corvette at 99%. Works a bit like B.O.P in real life races like WEC and IMSA.

When you create virtual drives you can set indivudual talent files, change names en teamnames etc.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You can choose every car you want, as long as you pre-selected it before going on track.
    With the resume from replay feature i think you can jump into every given car on track.

You can select every weather you want, there is also a real-weather plugin available what sets the real weather it has received from a weather-forecast-online-service.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Maybe not helpful for your question, but In PC you can look left, righ, straight, back, up and down...
    But I'd buy rF2 if I were you. You will miss out on the graphical side, but the feel of the cars is much better.

7. Skan

Skan Registered

Since You already have those 2 other racing titles, that is a good reason to get this one. You will appreciate this and it will help you in those other titles consciously or subconsciously even if you do not feel you need any driving help.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

TrackIR work good in RF2

9. Aardvark892

Aardvark892 Registered

I couldn't wait. I bought it right after posting here. Luckily, the TrackIR works just fine, but you can only look left or right (which is just fine, actually). I was able to pick the track, the weather (and even set up weather patterns! Nice!), and I was able to pick exactly which and how many AI cars, their strength (as a whole, not individually). I was also pleasantly surprised by the graphics.... I think they're just fine. Maybe not as detailed as others, but in some respects extremely realistic. The sounds are great, the physics seem (as far I what little I know) to be spot on. This game drives great! I've already found a favorite track. It was a good decision to buy, and I'd recommend it to anyone. If I were to recommend only one improvement, I'd make the choices of what is on the HUD easier to find/change. I still haven't found how to show the map. Other than that, I've very happy with rF2!

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Check better, with track ir you have 6DOF in RF2, not just left right slew

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

There is no trackmap right ingame. Just via plugin.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Using the Ai slider you can actually get a really good spread of Ai skill level. The higher the number the bigger the field spread.
    The track map plugin is really good, really customisable with lots if information.
    What is your favourite car track combo?
    There are some pretty great mods.
    Kyalami /F1 1975.
    Sebring /Blancpain / Apex /GT3 World.
    Just a few of my favourites :)

13. Aardvark892

Aardvark892 Registered

I may have misstated my earlier post. When I said I could only look left/right, I meant that the interior 3D models do not include anything past your shoulder, i.e. you cannot look over your shoulder out the back window. It does have 6DOF, as in I can lean forward/back, left/right, up/down. I'll have to find that plugin you mentioned, Peterchen, thank you. I don't yet know how to do that, but it should be pretty straightforward. So far everything else in rF2 is easy to figure out... except how to pass LOL.

Actually, I do have a question concerning the AI slider. I don't understand what it means by AI limiter. And my favorite track is (I forget what it's called) the one that is right in the middle of downtown; lots of thin lanes, sharp turns, underground tunnels. I love 60's era open wheel cars.

I've very grateful to everyone who has chimed in on this thread. It's nice to find another forum that has helpful people.

Tim

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Here the link to the pluggie:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/trackmapplugin-v0-96-32bit-64bit.46781/

AILimiter offers the ability to "pack" AI´s in race closer together.
    It is linked to a value in the AI talent-file and regulates how close/similar they are performance-wise.
    100% limiter means that this value is maxed limited and have no/not much influence anymore. The AI´s are then packed.
    0% means they have more "freedom" and the field is more spread. (I prefer a low value because I like the AI´s to be different and realisticly spread)

Edit: you are right: when you look backwards in rF2 you can´t see own car. It has been already discussed on this forum. Maybe S397 will change that. Dont know.