SOLVED Need help with Fanatec pedals (clutch not working properly)

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Louis, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

I´ve made a vídeo to show what happens when i press clutch pedal all to the end:

I know the problem is not in this part (where we conect the usb cable and pedals) because i changed with the throtle conector to the clutch, pressed to the end and it worked ok) so i followed the clutch conector to the piece where its connect in the clutch
    Dismounted but everything looks ok. So its seem is the clutch cable i think but have no idea if it is possible to change or is something else (already changed usb port 3.0, i think too):
    _39061593_min-ap-203body.jpg

Thanks in advance

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Well, kind solved myself.
    The problem seems to be in a magnetic stuff that rotates and give the pedal position info to the software. What i did was enable the manual mode, wait for a spike signal and set as maximum pedal course. After that, keeping the pedal fully pressed i set as max again between the spikes and get it working now without spikes.
    But now is very sensible. It reaches max with half of clutch pedal pressed.
    Im still accepting better ideas or a solution

os: and i can smooth clucth pedal "travel" in game sensitiviness

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

It will more than likely by dirty hall sensors (the magnet and metal plate) or the magnet had moved.

Check the magnet for filth or if the position is out, reference the magnet on the accelerator pedal to see if it’s moved, and if it has then just put it back to normal.

I always use manual calibration on my v3 as I like a little dead zone on the brake so I can rest my foot, every now and again this problem happens, the magnet hasn’t moved and it’s clean, either switching between auto and calibration then back, will fix it, or just reinstalling the driver.

Louis likes this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

Thank you. Will try tonight.