Need help why cars drive through pits don't stop then run out of gas

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Brian Perry, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Registered

Hey guys I need help on a track I converted a superspeedway ! When it comes time to pit the ai cars pull in the pits but they drive through without stopping then they all run out of fuel . Thank you in advance !

2. redapg

redapg Registered

There can be several Reasons for that Problem.
    I can offer to fix the Problem, if you upload that Track and send me the Link by private Conversation.
    It's much faster than to discuss about it here in the Forum.

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Registered

I don't know what that means ! How do I do that ?

4. Brent

Brent Registered

It's usually an issue with the special waypoints in the AIW. AIWs are very very very finicky to get right. I think they get disconnected if you adjust pit box locations or don't save the AIW in the sequence below.

You'll need to load your track in devmode and use the AIW editor. Under unsupported options (I think it's called), choose reset special waypoints. Save the AIW, exit the track, load the track back in and save the AIW again. This should reset the pit box waypoints and reloading the track and re-saving the AIW stores the newly auto generated pit box waypoints and their connections to the pit lane path. IIRC you may need to select the special slowdown waypoint (the waypoint just before the pit entry sector) AI use to slow down to the pit lane speed. Also, you may need to re-select the waypoint for the teleport spot, which is where the vehicle start rolling before taking the green flag when in single player you're given the option to skip the formation lap. Both of these you can set when you lasso a single waypoint, the menu will pop up with the option to set these.

If you need help with the AIW, let me or Chris know. Like he said, it's easier done than explained if you don't have much experience with AIWs.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    redapg likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

That means, that you pack the whole Folder
    ..\ModDev\Locations\YourTrack
    into a zip or rar File and upload it to Dropbox, mega or any other File Sharing Service.
    If that is done and you have gotten the Download Link, click on my User Name and select "Start private Conversation", where you can send me that Download Link of your uploaded Track.

And a short Correction. :)
    Select "Reset Special Waypoints" instead of "Delete Special Waypoints".

Brent likes this.
  6. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Registered

Hey you pointed me in the right direction again ! I forgot the slowdown spot now its fixed . I'm working on a new Daytona have a few bugs still . The right path looks to transition smooth but I'm thinking its too close to the wall cars slowdown in tri oval (finish line) . Seems like they only do it in the right lane . Thanks again brother !

7. Brent

Brent Registered

Ah, that's right. I edited my post to be correct. Thanks, and as always, I appreciate your online tools!

redapg likes this.