Need advice on graphical settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by sgatke, Dec 9, 2015.

1. sgatke

sgatke Registered

Hi all
    I apologize for yet another thread on hardware and performance. I admit I don't know the details of several of the settings possible.
    My PC is equipped with an Intel I7 920 CPU, 24GB RAM and an Asus GTX 970 Strix graphics card with 4GB RAM.

I expect I should be able to run with most details turned on with this setup (in 1920x1080 single monitor), however, I am not sure where to set everything for best visuals & perfomance.
    Some settings can be done using the rF2 launcher, but I also read about some people making changes some other place - I think somewhere directly in the nVidia driver?

If anybody has the patience to spell out for me what should be done and where, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

/Simon

2. Emery

Emery Registered

rF2 is now configured well enough that you don't need to go fiddle with the nVidia driver. Just turn up the in-game settings to max and you'll be happy. For now, you might put AA on Level 3 to make sure the transparencies of 3rd party tracks always work (Croft & Poznan are the obvious problems and they may be fixed soon and then you could go back to Level 4).

3. sgatke

sgatke Registered

Thank you Emery for taking the time to answer my question.
    This was exactly the advice I was looking for. Glad to hear everything necessary can now be done using the rF2 settings.