[REL] Name Tag Auto On/Off App for watching Replays or Broadcasting

Discussion in 'Other' started by DJCruicky, Nov 6, 2022.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

When watching a replay, or some ones broadcast on YouTube, sometimes I think it would be nice to have the name tags turned on so I get a better picture of who is who driving the cars, but at the same time I would not want them on all the time as the tags kill the immersion and look a bit cluttered. It would be great if some how they could be turned on for a short time to give a quick view who is who then turn them off again automatically.

This is a very simple App to do that. It automatically turns the car name Tags On and Off after a set period of time. It does this by pressing the Tab key for you. Simple but affective.

upload_2022-11-6_1-12-18.png

In the above example the tags would be turned on for a period of 10 seconds every minute.

How to use?
    The App does not need to be installed, just run the .exe from anywhere.
    When watching a replay, press the Middle Mouse button, this brings up the above UI.
    Set the delay times you want, then hit the Start button. Enjoy watching your replay.
    You can press Middle Mouse button again to bring back the UI if you wish.
    The keyboard button above the Tab key, the Back Quote button ` can also be used to toggle the program On and Off without the need of bringing up the UI.
    I designed it for when watching replays, but I guess there is no harm in using it while driving too, just don't forget to pause it when returning to the menus.
    Pressing the Close button or the X button will kill the program.

Please Note:
    - The program assumes you have the name tag key set to the default 'Tab' key.
    - The program has no way of knowing if the tags above the cars are on or off when you start the app. You might need to help it by pressing the Tab key a single time if it's turning them off when it's meant to be turning them on.

Version 1.0 attached

Enjoy
    DJC

Attached Files:

Seven Smiles, yashiman and svictor like this.