Name of mod goes here - Error

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ProTraX, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Hello.
    Since a few weeks, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, i'm getting the message "Name of mod goes here" and 20 seconds later and error message whenever i click on the Get mod button.
    Its almost on every server. Only few are working. I didnt change anything on my connection in this time, so i think it must be something with rF2.

Does anyone get the same message? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Regards

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yes me too, no solution here I'm afraid.

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Same here as well.
    It also hangs for a bit when you try to escape to go back to the list of servers.
    The other problem I sometimes have is the server telling me I don't have a mod...which I clearly have installed.

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Seems like this bug was introduced with the 134 build. Unfortunately nobody seems to have a definite answer how to fix it. Rumor is the problem is with the mod name (like spaces and some characters or maybe even the length of the mod name is the problem). Anyway it's not anything wrong or your end. Hopefully ISI will fix it with the next update.

5. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

I was having this problem with my servers until I changed to ports and spaced them apart more.

*EDIT*

Perhaps not :( mine were working about 30 mins ago. I've just checked again and now I am getting the same error.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Paul: with all three servers running, What does the Task Manager say the cpu is running at?

How many cores

Dave

7. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

CPU running at 9% with all three servers running and has two cores.

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Funny this bug (or not bug) as I was getting same result "mod name goes here" Fail, pause, then back to matchmaker , This was last week and beginning of this week , now yesterday I tried again and it worked as advertised , I was trying to get DD's F1 Indy mod last week and no joy , last night it downloaded fine ..?? I also was able to get hoser's FLR mod via "get mod " yesterday . but all last week it seemed no "get mod's" were working for me .. ?

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Included in the other post about file names. Reported.

10. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Thanks Tim

11. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Just ran into this problem aswell. Funny thing is (apart from the 30 minutes this just cost me :mad: ) 'get mod' works with the same vmod on a different (main) server. It's not a problem of server config though imo, as until I changed the mod the server runs with 'get mod' was working properly.