Mysterious and random performance issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JParra, Aug 31, 2021.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello community.

I've had some strange performance issues few time ago. I am referring to mysterious and strange problems, because they do not always occur, but when they do, they are at very specific points on some circuits. It happens to me both in "heavy" and light charge circuits, better or worse optimized and with different car mods.

Before I want to clarify that I use rF2 in VR with Oculus Quest2, my S.O. It is very controlled, (background programs, task manager, background programs, grabbers like XBox bar or Geforce, drivers, rFactor2 settings or its player.json, etc) everything is very thoroughly reviewed, or so I think me.

Before starting a GP or training session, I test my PC's graphical ability offline to adjust the graphical parameters to have a smooth session. For example, I do entire race sims, with 20 AI-controlled cars to check that I will have a smooth online session, with my GPU (GTX 1080) loaded at around 75% maximum to have margin.

Well, I don't know why, in some specific moments, but always in the same areas of the circuit, I suffer from short and specific performance problems. These problems when they appear, are usually maintained and rarely go away.

Last night for example, after testing 45 minutes offline with 20 cars, I entered the server and at one point, the problems started and there were only 11 of us on the track.

The GPU load in Box is 45% and on the track it is 75% fairly constant, but reaching those areas and reaches 99% showing stuttering and loss of fluidity.

The CPU has a normal load, as well as the memory, temperatures, disks, etc ... it is only the GPU at those specific moments and not at all laps.

On the SteamVR chart I see it at the same time, but this chart represents it much better.

[​IMG]

The rest of the system seems all correct

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea what may be going on?

Thank you very much for your help.