My wish list

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Chris Lesperance, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm not sure if any of these was asked before but here is a few things that would be on my rF2 wish list

1. AI car counts - By that I mean, tracks are set up with a total of AI that it can support. Go over and the cars are spawning on top of each other or in places that renders themselves useless. Also the class selection that you select for your AI numbers will have some issues. Go over that number of cars and you get duplicate cars. In other games have this limited, GTR2 had the numbers go red when you exceeded the numbers in the class and the slider was caped at the number in the track .gdb. AC has sliders for each. A system like that would be useful, as I have to write on a piece of paper or count individually each time that I do not exceed the number of grid/garage spots.

2. Driver aids - With more GT cars (and mid 2000s F1 cars) they had more driver aids available to them. They were more of a setup option and each series had there own rules on this. Would rF2 be able to support having the cars load those automatically based on the car selected and then have a check box in the rules that say no driver aids allowed, or something to that effect. It's hard to remember that, ok this F1 car this year had traction control, and this other one didn't...THis GT car had ABS and this one didn't. And then on top of that, if that is able to be done, in regards to traction control, you hear of the latest LMP cars having about 15 different settings of the traction control. Is something like that able to be simulated in this game and have it set up like how the increment boost and decrement boost is set up?

3. I think this one was mentioned before, but is there a way to more easily set up standalone cars? I know that you can make the alt skin then do the create driver but I still come from the way of "here is your .veh, .dds and place it in the car folder and it will show up here" methodology.

I think that is it for now. THanks!!

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

1. I would love to see this to, not for AI but such an indicator would be very helpful setting up a league-championship. Surely rf2 can pull this info into display.

2. I think this is up to the modders, they decide what happens with the cars and they either do good research and implement things, or they don't or kinda. Don't think rf2 would be able to recognize a mod's meaning.
    (but it surely would help if we would get more info on display, like in rf1, click a car and there's all the info a modder added to it like weight, sizes, engine types, etc etc. in rf1 we could even change this ourselves with little trouble)

3. I think you have to forget about the rf1 times Chris, this aint 1999 you know! :p
    It can be done though, like you want, but that requires re-packing a mod.

Have you tried creating a vmod though? you can add anything to it and then just select the vmod and launch. I think you can even select/deselect individual cars (but never tried that myself so don't hold it against me)

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

1999 was a good year! I discovered a little game called Sports Car GT, and been addicted to this thing called racing sims since :p

I really do need to try and get my head wrapped around creating vmods. I just haven't been able to figure it out. I have been able to create some cars stand alone, but that is through creating a .mfcp and making it that way, which is the more round about way of doing it from what I have been seeing on the forum.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As an addition to #1 in the Track Selection screen it'd be good to have a line of text stating how many Garage/Grid Spots the track has, like your general idea.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Check this page for vmods:
    http://legends-league.com/wiki/rf2Vmods

The wiki is a bit outdated, there's no sounds selections anymore I think, but you'll get the idea. its pretty easy to do, more so in single player.
    Once done open rf2 goto Series and your vmod should be there.