My thoughts on a Perfect Racing Sim...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitt Wilson, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Ok I will try to keep it short and sweet.!

1st. There was a game on the Regular XBOX called IHRA Drag Racing
    http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/798/IHRA-Drag-Racing-2004/

Now with that- They had by far the Best Tuning aspects of any game I have EVER played.
    I mean every aspect- although many items such as tire sizes and weight transfers are relavent to RF but alot are.
    Basic overview:
    Engine Tuning- Valves sizes lengths,Durations can be changed
    - Pistons, Crank shafts, timing, can all be changed
    - Air pressures, Turbos,Super chargers can all be changed
    Alot more adjustable items are there.

Now It would be a great option to have as far as a Tuneability factor of rFactor. I know that alot of racing seris have min. and max. for parts- But just to have this option will basically make theSim factor even more Real due to the fact the driver will have to take care of the Race car due to the fact of something going wrong with there tuning, Yes there will be alot of headaches but the overall aftermath will be Great cause then we will have racers that would actually know what parts do and what they cant do. ie: OVER REVVING.

Well I have added a link to the game-
    For anyone in the RF Dev squad would like to use the game I have it for the Regular Xbox as a test.
    I know this is something that probably cant be added to rf2 but rf3?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I believe it is already available in rF by upgrades system. I would be be surprised if such option will not be present in rF2.
    The rest depends on modders who must prepare upgrages for tuning a car.

3. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Yes it has a few in the upgrades you can chose either or- But what im talking about is the finer tuning of what that part is. IE: Adjusting the Length, Width, Open and Close duration of just a Valve!- Yes tedious but once a person dives into it its amazing to produce a Stable and fast car.
    I will load up the Xbox hee a little later and make a short video on you tube!!

4. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

I am wondering if the sim could be configured to allow degrees of contact between cars without either loosing control. It is hard to avoid contact due to vision/perception limitations common to all sims. Could we "trade paint" without flying off the track or even set it so that you could take some dents without loosing control, especially in on line races?

There is a lot more contact in racing sims that we'd ever experience on a real track, most of it when driving close is unavoidable.

Mike