My rFactor Tutorial forum

Discussion in 'Modding' started by freew67, Jun 17, 2014.

1. freew67

freew67 Registered

I have received a few msg's about my forum so I figured I would make a post about it. My current NSRS forum is down and possibly out for the count. The DB didn't agree with the new server and I need to upgrade to a new forum to fix it. 9 yr old free forum, which is 63 in forum years, finally was showing its age. So till I get that sorted, I just created a simple blog page that has all of my video tutorials. I'm working on the layout but for now it will have to do. All of my videos should be on there.

http://nsrsforum.blogspot.com/

If I missed one please let me know. Sorry for the hassle. Even when I get my forum back, if I make any more tuts I will still try to keep the blog up to date.

Thanks

2. freew67

freew67 Registered

I started some new tuts called, "Tuesday Top Tutorial Tips Today". They are all about 3ds Max and each vid looks at 1/2 tips geared towards sim racing. I plan to do a few more and see what kind of feedback I get. If they are useful, great! I will keep doing them, but if not then will finish off a few basic ones I wanted to do and be done with it.

You will find them in my Tutorials Playlist on my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/freew67

My forum is alive!!!! I have it all locked up for now till I decide what to do with it. I still plan to update it with any new track/car releases and tutorials. On that note, I created a FB Page and Twitter account to allow folks to follow me via social media.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GamingWithFreeW
    Twitter https://twitter.com/GamingWithFreeW

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know how invaluable your videos have been for me in the last few weeks as I've attempted to come to grips with max. I'll pretty much say, without them, I'd have probably given up.

So please, regardless of initial feedback, realise these resources will be picked up for years to come and if you ever reach a point of saturation, then you've given every chance for someone interested to be able to follow with the minimum of frustration.

On your channel, you've asked for ideas for newer videos. Forgive me if you have covered it already but I've not seen them all :)
    The thing I am looking for the most is the ability to upgrade older low res meshes. I'm getting through with HSDS modifier and a lot of manual editing, but I'm sure there are methods more suitable.
    If it's within scope, import, convert, uv mapping, export.

4. Radar

Radar Registered

Awesome work Freew67, I will be happy to support this and post on our forums for you. I have a few people who would be keen to learn 3ds max, your videos will help them I know.

Plenty of videos on 3ds max I know, but not all are focused around sim racing.

5. freew67

freew67 Registered

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I will keep moving forward with them then. If only a few folks find these useful, its still worth it to me. It was just hard to gauge if they were worth it without any feedback. Every Tip will be something I've used thru the years while working on cars/tracks. I used to tutor someone and she was working on tutorials for Mental Ray. That's what prompted me to start doing tutorials in the first place. I'm no pro, but at least I can get people pointed in the right direction.

matf1, you talking about track meshes?

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

Yes mate. I'm starting to learn with private conversions and one consistency seems to be low poly roads.
    I've picked up one or two other videos so far that help somewhat, so I'll be attempting to incorporate these methods:

and

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

1st vid seems like a mess, 2nd vid seems good. One of my tuts will be one of things he did in the 2nd one.

8. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thank you love your work!! You tutorials are always very helpful and easy to understand and follow.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff freew67. :cool:

10. freew67

freew67 Registered