My new PC

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Suzukinol, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Ok, thank you for the information

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Temporary solution pending the improvements expected in probably less than 6 weeks :

No effects of rain + No road reflections.
    The drop in FPS will be less than 15% I think.

And guys, stop comparing your performance without giving all the details because it has NO sense.

If you want to compare, specify :

- OC - Nvidia settings
    - Graphics launcher settings
    - Graphics in-game settings
    - Specific settings via the player.json
    - car and track Mod and in particular multi mod
    - AND ESPECIALLY : circuit time + acceleration of time + mirrors + intensity rain + wet road or not yet + sky very cloudy or clear + number of AI + number of visible AI etc etc. etc.

Indeed, RF2 is extremely sensitive to all this.

Just a sunrise can lose a lot of FPS, a wet road without rain, a very cloudy sky etc etc.

3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Sorry for (kind of) off topic but you mentioned CPU size effecting VR? I have an old i7 4950 I think it is? Would a bigger/newer CPU help VR much?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes, it seems rF2 is CPU bound for most VR users, at least for those that have GTX 1080 class GPU's. From what I know, rF2 requires double the CPU power to render in VR compared to single screen, so basically you need twice as powerful CPU in VR as in single screen to achieve the same CPU performance. This is for single threaded performance, if rF2 was able to use more threads, I think this would be a non-issue. People seem to be buying the latest and greatest GPU's and expecting them to improve VR performance, but they won't at all if CPU is already the bottleneck.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I also have 1050 ti and an i3 7100. Even on this build, the performance is GPU limited (GPU load ~15-20% higher than CPU). I use the following settings:
    High texture detail
    Medium player detail
    16x texture filtering
    Anti aliasing level 1
    Every other setting off/lowest
    Framerate limited to 135fps, miror render distance limited to ~65m in rF2 player.json
    Allows me to not exceed 90% GPU/CPU usage even with 40 cars on track in any situation, rock solid, but crisp picture/textures.
    Enjoy.
    Your build is otherwise nice and futureproof and 1050 ti is the optimal purchase with GPU prices being silly. Once bitcoin crashes, you can upgrade there :)
    I expect that if you want solid 60+ fps with highest settings, effects and post processing, you need to look at GTX 1070 and 1080 for the same in VR

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018