My findings so far...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duvel, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Saw a few videos posted today and was reluctant to get the beta (after waiting in anticipation for months). I'm glad I wasn't fully put off. The feeling from the cars and especially the FFB is well above anything I've tried in the past (rf1, race07/evo, iRacing). To those who say it feels like rfactor1, wow, you must be very special people to have gotten rf1 to feel like this...

The Graphics remind me of Shift 1. I can see modders doing some amazing things on this engine in the end, but as of now, the visuals are just "ok". I wasn't expecting much more than this anyway.

- i3 @ 4.2ghz
    - 4GB ram
    - 6970 2GB
    - 2560x1440 resolution

But:

1) Why is MSAA so hit and miss (normal and adaptive)? Just like RF1, it only seems to improve 30-40% of the scene. I did a video not long ago for rfactor1, and it's the very same issue here with rf2:

I'd really love to know from the devs what the issue is here, because I cannot, repeat, cannot play this game without SS-AA on or it just looks a total mess to me. At the moment I can just about get away with SSAA on, but i just know once the mods come out it will cripple frame rates, so I am worried about the image quality from MSAA currently. Any details and info would be great.

2) Another similar behaviour to RF1 is that some textures are shimmering on and off, like the windows and signs at Spa, and so on. Normally I wouldn't be worried to see this from a beta, but because this is a common sight in RF1, i feel the need to say something here early on.

3) sometimes Alt + tab will crash to desktop.

This definitely has a lot of potential, can't wait to see what comes to the beta next :)