My Conclusion about the AliExpress Pedals after 2 Month's of using!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by memoNo1, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MikeV710 The thing with LC brake pedals is that the LC rating is used as a selling point, but nearly all sets give you mechanical advantage (leverage) over the LC. So your LC will hit its 60kg limit when your foot is pressing with 40kg, for example (rough visual estimate).

I personally would advise anyone to aim for at least >50kg maximum actual force at the pedal, because when you get used to force instead of pedal travel you will find yourself getting to ~40kg very easily. (Ok, assuming you're fairly physically active and not very lightweight).

While you can adapt to anything (and many people were happy with their early 20kg LC conversion kits mounted low on the pedal arm) if you're aiming for some realism and possibly some real-life-transferrable skills, being able to turn it up to high forces at the pedal really adds a lot.

atomed and MikeV710 like this.
  2. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thanks @Lazza I´ll keep this In mind, I have heard others say similar. The handicap I have now Is that I don´t have a rig yet (saving up), so the pedal board Is mounted on a wooden base against the wall. While It works ok for now, If I apply to much force, my seat goes a bit side ways granted It´s a heavy seat (bus seat) mounted on a metal structure I made for It. So for now and until I get my DIY rig, I really can´t pump up the force to 100% on the LC.

Again thanks for the help/tip.

3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello
    Any chance to post a video at how to use freejoy to calibrate the pedals?

I have similar pedals from aliexpress as well but i would like to do some fine tuning and bit struggling with the software numerous options:oops:

4. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

So I'm guessing that's the biggest issue with "SimJack" and other brands from Aliexpress is getting the game to recognize and calibrate the hardware? The simjack Heusinkveld knock offs are selling for a pretty cheap price.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, it sounds like the only issue was initially with some calibration (not in the game, but the device itself) and using the calibration software made it all work fine. rF2 itself will accept nearly anything that windows itself will pick up, that won't be an issue.

@memoNo1 above there was a request to update at maybe 6, 12 months to comment on durability etc, and you asked for a reminder.

So: can you please update? :D

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

hello
    maybe my post was misledaing
    no problem at all for the pedals to be recognized in Game, and also the RF2 calibration tools work just fine. Its just that the Simjacks dont have the same dedicated tool than the Heusinkveld and the Freejoy software can be a bit overwhelming, at least it is for me, as well as dont have a way to adjust the loadcell force as opposed to the Heusinkveld one

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thx for the reminder mate.

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My honest opinion of the AliExpress pedals after just under a year, plus a guide on how to calibrate these pedals properly with FreeJoy.

nolive721 likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Sry for the late reply man!
    I totally forgotten it.
    Hope it helps!

nolive721 likes this.
  10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Kein Thema.Vielen Dank!

11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Oh, :) alles klar.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I've been using them for a long time, at first I had doubts, but with the Windows calibration it was enough, I never had problems again, if Windows updates sometime it could disappear, but with the reboot it reappeared, they work great for me

13. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Are these really 16bit resolution?