My brother can't join my btcc server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StubbornGymnast, Aug 9, 2022.

1. StubbornGymnast

StubbornGymnast Registered

Hello guys,

I set up a server with the BTCC cars and when i set it up i can join it myself only when my brother tryes to join he can't. He gets the message: Error trying to install mod. Try manual installation. He got the cars yesterday, i have checked my game files ands he checked his and we both have the same versions of the cars. If he goes to manage packages and content he can't install the cars. Can anybody help? thanks in advance.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Does he also have the Server rfmod installed manually already?
    Maybe it's just the Setup of your Dedicated Server, that prevents the rfmod to Download and getting installed then.

StubbornGymnast likes this.
  3. StubbornGymnast

Nope, i did have a server with for instance f1 2009 mod and then he could join just fine. Its probably a problem on my end. I just put the serverunlock.bin in the dedicated/userdata directory. Maybe that was the problem. Otherwise i don't know if that doesnt work. I am a noob with stuff like this, so i hope you don't mind the stupid questions.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I have to say that i didn't seriouly worked with public Dedicated Servers for a longer While now, so maybe someone else can better help here.
    But if i remember it right, you need to have the File ServerKeys.bin in the Servers UserData Folder.

5. StubbornGymnast

Will have a look mate, thanks!

Edit: its in there. I will have a go after work to see if he can finally join.

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

Good Luck!

7. We had a similar issue yesterday evening - whereas my computer was running during the day with Steam opened the BTCC cars already existing were not updated for some reason (v1.10 and v1.11 in the folder of the Q50). I needed to check files (Steam) and a bunch of files were "repaired" and downloaded again (around 2GB) and after that the car was updated to v1.15.

Happened to another player, too, whereas all the others did not have any issues also the server (mod package built a few minutes before) had the newest version.

We did not find out the reason.

8. StubbornGymnast

Will try that aswell, thanks.

9. StubbornGymnast

I will set up the server again, if anybody can try to join it that would be very appreciated. The name is BTCC test lobby.

It didn't work, i then remade the mod and kicked instanbul out and just use official tracks and now it works.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  10. Glad to hear.

I have no clue why some tracks and cars as mods from e.g. workshop causing problems, but I encountered this several times, too. It is pretty handy to use modmgr.exe in rfactor2/bin64 folder in order to get a bit more information before tracing ...

11. StubbornGymnast

Yeah, this week i made one with Silverstone and Zandvoort but the same problems arise again. Well atleast malasyia works lol