My 2 cents about the new build 240 demo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pleclair, Jun 28, 2013.

1. scamperic

scamperic Registered

Well, from someone that has sim raced for over 15 years and has been a part of arguably one of the most competitive endurance leagues in rFactor 1 for the last 5 years, this demo gave me no other option but to buy the product within 12 hours of trying it.

So, I suppose it worked for at least one person.

2. coops

coops Banned

that's good its doing its job nicely then. (hope you bought the lifetime)

3. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I am wondering how you add other cars to the demo? The Clio appears to be there, but not accessible?

I wasn't expecting to be able to add to the demo. But it would nice if we could. I don't want to jump in with the whole game until I can get a new computer later in the fall.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

After rFactor 2, there is nothing else :) This sim is superb!

Make sure you download all of ISI's content, everything is top notch really, and make sure you give a try to the lola and maserati gt, both are great modders cars. Also nice to handle, but a model that isn't up to par, there is the lmp1-2 and gp79 conversion, they are pretty much fun to drive!

Track wise, you have to try croft, putnam park, poznan, mid-ohio, sebring, texas world speedway, the newer monaco aint bad either, so is lienz :)

See you around!

PS: Make sure to visit rf2.gplrank.info, if interested in posting your best lap times :)

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Spinning skulls and burning torches or GTFO.

I think the C6 is hard enough. Like a car should be, and most ISI cars thus far have been: it's easy enough to drive and hard enough to drive fast.

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes I agree about not giving false impression with too easy car and I was mainly thinking about sales. But Clio has some strange magic on it. :) Don't know if demo has multiplayer but online races with Clios have been one of the best ones I've ever had. Yes it's easy car to handle and doesn't have much power but races tend to be extremely tight and fun so I think it would do good PR for rF2.

I think Corvette is very good car too especially for the demo as it's built in U.S. Very challenging vehicle to master perfectly especially for me because somehow it just doesn't fit my driving style. I can be quick on qualify for lap or two but on races I'm having very hard times and usually can't compete with top guys on longer runs. I have to constantly fight and force it to do things hence probably overdriving tires. But it doesn't mean it's bad. :) And it's not about default setup being bad either because I know some other guys are doing just fine with it. It's hard to look at the mirror and admit that it's you who's not performing well. ;)

7. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Usually goes with 3 tv and SoftTh and have one issue with fov that i can´t change cockpit.ini at main.mas for apply to the mod for good show like in rf1 setting orientationoffset to 0, because new file don´t start in rf2 demo after.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/5vlb.jpg/

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I can´t add content to the demo either.
    Has this been changed since the related post from Tim?

Greets
    Pete

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

The Clio would have been the obvious way to go. Easy to drive. Challenging to drive fast. Great fun races. Magic as you say above. Also ffb is clearly excellent and physics are incredibly detailed. People would expect rwd cars would be great but without all the controvery. I could be wrong but the vette is the most controversial car of the bunch.

10. SVO

SVO Registered

+1

11. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I just gave this a try myself. Removed my license files (the .rFactor folder) to have a true representation of what the demo user sees.

It's possible to add content through mod manager. It is not possible though to use any other series than the Corvette/LimeRock mod. That includes the All Cars & Tracks mod aswell as a newly created vMod. You just can't choose any other series than Corvette/LimeRock.

Posts like this one, even though technically correct (as you can add content, you just can't use it...) really don't help...
    The following is not purely based on this instance, but a general annoyance I feel with ISI for as long as I use your products. More so in the last 1,5 years though than before. You guys seriously need to prepare and offer some kind of documentation for your products and every new feature you add to it. Currently it seems like you are relying on users finding out for themselves and then helping other users. You surely don't do the same with your rFPro customers, do you?

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Don't count on it. You should feel blessed to have access to ISI immensely brilliant creations and therefore are not worthy if you are not willing to spend half your life tinkering. :p