must i install the clio mod when its out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zack, Jul 1, 2012.

1. zack

zack Registered

for future builds or mods? :rolleyes:

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Pretty sure that from a testing perspective it's best to always install every ISI mod and update.

3. Boxorman8

Boxorman8 Registered

Im curious as to the reason ISI releases mods individually (the ISI mods, not comunity made ones) why not simply include them in the Latest build ? maybe it's to familiarize people to installing mods?

4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I think it's because the game itself is an empty shell. All content comes in components/packages. The main game will probably be released with components pre-installed, but they would more than likely still be rfmods/components in terms of what the game sees.

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Actually, for "proper" testing you want to test all possible scenarios. That's the best/only way to be sure to find all bugs. If they're going to ship content separately, then ISI needs to make sure that there're no dependancies or conflicts. That being said it's not our job to find bugs. And the best way to actually play the game with the least amount of bugs (atm) is with all ISI content installed.

To answer the op's question: no, you shouldn't have to have the Clio installed. Most likely, if there're any dependancies, it will be the Clio being dependant on the Meganes.

6. zack

zack Registered

yes,I thought so too,otherwise i never found the error when the game wont start by the next builds.
    but why this boring rf1 clios and meganes?!

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If mods are gonna be dependent on other mods then that's gonna cause potential problems, I hope its just ISI mods otherwise I can foresee the need to download 3 different mods just to race 1 you like.
    IMO all the ISI mods need to be separate from each other anyway as there's gonna be enough of them after a while....