Multiview v Singleview

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by C3PO, Jul 9, 2019.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

On my system I get ~ 90fps at Le Mans with High Details (but full player, ie me, setting) with Single View ... ranging varying between 65 and 110 depending where I am on track with 25 AI at 0730 race start.

I was wondering if I added a second 1080GTX card this would improve FPS in Multiview, where FPS is around 50-70FPS in the same scenario?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your gains in either mode will be pretty similar, and I'm sure there's at least a couple of people around here running SLI who can give an idea. At times SLI has been troublesome with stutters etc, so if someone can advise there that would also be helpful. (PCIe bandwidth would be another consideration)

Out of curiosity (and off topic), how close do you sit to your 40" screens? I'm within arms reach of my 27", wrapped around me, and I feel like that peripheral is probably enough (ok, maybe a touch more for when I actually look sideways to see where a car is). Not sure if I got bigger screens, would I try to maximise the angle or stay similar to what I have now and benefit from not having them so close (easier on the eyes, and less distortion with head movement). Probably a mix. Anyway, just curious.

C3PO likes this.
  3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - did a little video to explain (the cuddly toy isn't mine BTW :D).

Corti and pascom like this.