Multiview Settings

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Christian Wolter, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi, I have a problem with it to activate the Multiview setting. in the rfactor2 Video Setup Tool the "Multiview" option is grayed out and can not be activated (not even if I disable HDR or other options). Also edit the config.ini (subviews) brings no change. I have three identical monitors and a Geforce GTX 770. Can anyone help me with the Multi Monitor Setup? Thanks in advance.

2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Does "Configure Sim" let you choose a 3 wide configuration? If so it should allow you to choose multiview without any special effort. If 3 wide works but not multiview I'm afraid it will take more than my basic knowledge to help you... like, I'm sure, the rest of the 57 viewers who have not responded. Maybe a tech guru will drop in. Good luck.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Maybe this helps:
    First you have to enable the nvidia surround display feature. You can do this in the nvidia control panel. After nvidia surround (one big virtual display with for example 5760 x 1050 or so) is activated you can enable the mutiview switch in the
    config options.

4. Christian Wolter

Thanks! I test this today and reply

5. Magus

Magus Registered

For Multiview option to be available you need to ensure you have chosen the correct resolution for your 3 monitors in the Configure sim, so for example scroll to 5760x1080 if you are using 3 x 1920x1080 monitors. For the triple monitor resolutions to be available in Configure Sim you need to do as alpha-bravo states or if you have enabled the shortcut keys for nvidia surround you can just press CTRL+ALT+S (default key to switch between Surround & normal).

6. Christian Wolter

@alpha-bravo and Magus: Many Thanks! That works