Multiple tracks in one package

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mike Cantwell, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi guys,

I am currently working on two tracks, Queensland Raceway and Lakeside Park. Having these individual is easy, but I want to upload them as a track pack...so in game there is one menu for the tracks, in this case "Queensland Raceway's Track Pack" and under that you will find the two separate tracks.

In RF1 it was easy, but with RF2 I am not sure how to have both tracks in one *.rfcmp package to upload to steam so users get both tracks together. Do I just create the mas files as usual and then just add them to the package?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Honestly, I don't understand why you want to do that. It's two different tracks, it should be much easier to treat them as such. Maybe some users want Lakeside but not QLD.

Now what you can try to do is consider both tracks as one track with multiple layouts.
    Your venue name would be Queensland Raceway's Track Pack for both tracks, then the difference would be in track name, event name and grand prix name. Actually that part is the same as rF1.

For the packing part, what you can try is just select all your QLD mas files and your Lakeside mas files when you create your component. Instead of selecting all the .mas from one track, select them from two.

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Do them as 2 tracks.
    You can try the mult package but it causes problems.
    That's why you don't get all the cars in one series in 1 package.
    You usually have to get each car separate.

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  4. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hey mate...yes....I found that out lol. Both track are now separate but are found under the same group.