Multiple Pit Stalls High-Lighted

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Deadpedal, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I raced with about 20 guys late Friday, Oct 7th with ISI Stock Cars @ ISI Mountain Peak. Upon entering the pits I was faced with a multitude of high-lighted pit stalls from which to choose and no way to tell which was mine.
    The attached screen grab shows 5 but there were more on the first attempt. I've encountered this before on rare occasions.

View attachment 20947

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

In your player.json file change this to 1

"Pitcrew Detail Level":1,
    "Pitcrew Detail Level#":"0=Off, 1=Player Only, 2=Everybody",

It's at 1 by default... (you must have changed at 2 in the past
    :))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  3. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Thanks. You were right. Why I would have messed with that one is beyond me. Also beyond me is why there would be such an option in the first place! What would be the point of seeing everybody's pit stall appear just like your own?

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It would be a way to activate multiple pit crews in action (would that feature ever be available) or just a static crew even, to make the pitlane more alive - but without customized pit stalls (team colours, signs) which IS possible, it will be hard to find your own indeed :D

5. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

That does make sense, WiZPER, thanks. We may be waiting on a couple more generations of CPUs and GPUs as well as S397's other priorities before we see full pit lane animation (but wouldn't it be so cool). In the mean time, the comments on that line in the player.json need a warning!