Multiple controller mapping

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guineapiggy, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I've got a wheel which has only four face buttons and two paddles which means I have to pick and choose the handful of functions I get access to without having to resort to the keyboard. There's a simple solution to my problem I'd love to be able to employ with rFactor but currently can't as the game only recognises one peripheral. Basically what I"ve done for many things is attached a PS3 controller (recognised by the system as an Xbox 360 controller due to custom drivers) to the center of the wheel which gives me a great number of expanded functions but rFactor2 conflates the PS3 controller's buttons with those of the wheel. A temporary workaround for this is to use a Joy-2-Key program but this does limit functionality. Is it possible we'll see rFactor2 being able to differentiate between the same axis/button on different simultaneously connected controllers in the future?

Hell, I'd love to be able to get the controller to do the vibration functions too for combined force and haptic feedback without dropping the several hundred dollars a wheel with both would cost me at some point in the future but let's start small.

Also, in answer to any followups? Yes, my rig is very much hacked together. I replaced and tightened springs and installed high-density foam behind pedals to reduce travel and resistance to realistic amounts (frequently even good pedal sets make brake and accelerator travel the same when brake travel should be much smaller) and hacked together a way to mount 'hanging' floor pedals vertically out of an old sewing machine case which means I've had to switch brake and accelerator function. I like to do what I can to make my setup that bit more immersive and functional.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015