Multiple Class Winners in one Race wish / idea..

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Radar, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

It may or may not have been said.. OR may or may not be possible (but with ISI I'm sure anything is :) )..

I would like to see a multiple class winner in rF2.. Let me explain.. Lets say the old Australian Touring Car Championship, the ILMS Series, the ALMS etc etc where these series would have multiple class categories (ATCC - Group A, B, C.. ILMS with LMP1, 2, GT1, 2 etc)..

It would be nice to have the time sheets according to say a colour and or maybe only show the ladder (positions) according to your class. Maybe an extra menu option so that when you cycle through you have the Pit Menu, Splits, Position All, Position Class etc.

It might be too hard to introduce an extra chequred flag according to the class category, but the extra menu option according to class will give us drivers the chance to cycle through to show All if they wish, or to show Class only and know how far in front or behind the driver they are racing is..

1 person likes this.
  2. Golly

Golly Registered

Good idea matey or someone may come up with a results programme similar based on xml

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Just to expand on this - this should not only work for races but also for practice and qualifying sessions. If I'm driving a Nissan GT4 I don't care that i'm 2s behind best time on 1st split, 4s behind best time on 2nd split and 6s behind best time at finish line if the best time is set by a Nissan GTR.

1 person likes this.
  4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Radar and Abriel come up with great points. No sim currently does multiclass racing right. We have to futz with results and fudge a lot to get it to work.

5. Radar

Radar Registered

The results is the easy part as you guys have indicated above, sure it involves fudging the results to determine who came where according to class and I do like what Abriel has mentioned with Splits..

I guess for ISI, all it would mean is some sort of standard code to 'activate' said option.. Currently we see in-game results with Vehicle / Class.. All it would take (I would imagine) is a code to look for say Class 1, 2, 3, 4 etc or A, B, C, D etc..

If I was in GT2 and the Mod had the GT2 as Class 4 or D then rF2 would show the menu according to my class (as I said above with Show All or Show Class results).. This could also work with splits.. Splits All and Splits Class..

If ISI could come up with a modders standard written into the game on such Categories / Classes (as I just mentioned) then there is no reason why it wouldn't work..

Seems simple enough anyway and as Guy has said, no other sim currently does multiclass racing..

Food for thought ISI :)

6. marto

marto Registered

i think forza 3 had it

7. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

i agree! :)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

good idea
    +1

9. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

10. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I definitely want to see this. Please include this, ISI!! :D

11. Bloody

Bloody Registered

I wanna see this too because i'm a big fan of Le Mans Series :)