Multiplayer Race without Mods possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Sep 24, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Hello, a small noob question. I'm new in rFactor2.
    Is it possible to get into Multiplayer sessions without any mods? Or to set any Filter to ''original content only''?
    I'm not against Mods, there are a lot very nice ones out there, but I just want to enjoy the original content from the creators without any third party stuff (...cars, tracks).

Thanks for any info :)

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If you have a car and a track installed, stock (S397 ) content or not, it is theoretically possible and the chances are, not surprisingly, proportional to the selection.
    So GT3 / E's at Bathurst isn't likely to be more popular than a Prius race at Indianapolis.
    Don't be put of by 3rd party mods. They do some awesome work. I would much rather be racing in old Datsuns https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1735321424
    than these modern GT3's. And the Datsun's free! :cool:

HomieFFM likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

His complaint is though is a clear indicator of the current Multiplayer system's limitations. Many of us don't want to wait for the slow slow slow download to send up the exact same cars and tracks we already have but that may have slightly different skins or trackside adverts.
    I can't help the original poster, other than to advise to look at the race description carefully, extra info is displayed when you hover the mouse over the server that may indicate a mod is being used.
    Hopefully S397 IS LISTENING and they include filters in the new UI that allow us to avoid unnecessary downloads. Besides, if you visit a modded session, and then S397 updates the DLC content you have, that mod will no longer work until it too is updated AND these orphan mods have been known to prevent paid content from loading properly. S397 really needs to find a way to firewall their DLC products so we overly enthusiastic users don't make a mess of items we paid for.

GoldenBear, VirusGR42 and HomieFFM like this.