Multiplayer race with AI and human team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dosequis56, Oct 4, 2022.

1. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

I am running a 'family' online F1 series with AI. I have the usual F1 teams (HAAS, Redbull, etc.) and I have added a new team for the humans. Each team can have some different physics (different motor torque etc. due to the power plant etc, Honda, Mercedes, Ferrari). The family team happens to use the RedBull engine. To run the dedicated server, I have to include the family team so the vehicle class is available. However, it puts AI in those cars and prevents the family team being in the same garage etc. Is there a way I can include the car class for the dedicate server but avoid AI in the cars so the humans can join in those cars and not collide with AI AND have the humans in the same 'team' garage? I will keep experimenting but figured I would see if anyone had the answer.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

The garage is defined with the parameter PitGroup of the VEH file.

3. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Yes I know. But the AI is in my team garage. I want to avoid the AI for that team running in the multiplayer setup. This all works fine for offline mode; I start the race as one of the team cars and I am in the garage with the other one which has an AI driver running in it.

But for multiplayer, the AI cars are initialized first and the dedicated server doesn't know that that team's cars are joining as humans.

4. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Can I define a specific set of AI drivers when I start the server? I don't seem to be able to do that, just the classes. I can't skip the class for my human team since it prevents the humans from joining using that class.

5. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Looks like there is no solution here other than to load ALL AI into the dedicated server and 'boot' those that are driving the player's car class. Not sure this fixes the garage issue but that is likely just something we have to live with.