Multiplayer AI Aggression

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petethepawn, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Just asking where/how the multiplayer AI aggression is controlled. In single player mode there is a setting AI aggression and ai limitier which can be changed easily in the UI. But in multiplayer (dedicated server) there is no ai aggression or ai limitier setting. I checked the multiplayer.json and nothing obvious there - so is it controlled via the player.json file under Game Options - AI Aggression?

I don't think the aggression in the .rcd file controls this exclusively? Because in single player which also uses the .rcd file when you change the ai aggression in the UI there is a dramatic difference. Just need to work out how to control the AI aggression in mulliplayer. Any suggestions/tips appreciated.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Petethepawn in most cases the server's player.JSON file settings will be applied, so I think you're on the right track there.

Petethepawn likes this.
  3. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thank you, appreciate your response.

4. SharD

SharD Registered

Increasing AI mistakes also makes the AI more racey, but it also makes them crash more.

5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks, yes my issue is exactly that they are extremely aggressive and make way too many mistakes so need to dial them down.