Multiclass AI

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

The AI needs MAJOR improvements when it comes to multiclass racing. Right now, they seem to have no concept of it. A GT car will treat a LMP1 car as it's equal opponent. It will block and defend it's position instead of letting it by. Also, the opposite issue occurs. Sometimes a P1 car will follow right behind a GT car for half a lap before it passes it, which makes it VERY easy to win in class. Even with AI on 120% I can sunday-drive my way to the P2 class victory because while I'm flying around 3 GT cars, my opponents decide to stay behind for a few corners before before passing one. It's not that hard. Just pull to the left or right and go around! "Why wont you just go around him you ******* idoit?" LOL. Wierd thing is, the GT cars will pull over and let ME by, but not my AI classmates. "classmates"? IDK

Anyway, 2 things need to happen. Higher classes need to PASS lower classes (as quickly as possible), and lower classes need to let higher classes by when it's not too inconvenient.

Apart from that, it would be nice to have the option of multiple classes implemented in the standings/results as well...

2. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

It's interesting that the GT cars pull over to let you by, but don't pull over to let the other higher class cars go by.
    It would be cool to have some kind of button in the race settings menu that applies this race behaviour to the AI.

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Very weird. Then again, it fits in with all the other crap the AI do to other AI/not to the player and vice versa.

HOWEVER, I just read that WEC rules are for GT cars to hold their line, and it's the prototype's job to go around them. That way there is no confusion that leads to a wreck (Audi and Ferarri at LeMans?).

Maybe disabling blue flags completely would achieve this.