MP - ListView Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by boxer, Mar 6, 2014.

1. boxer

boxer Registered

I had already seen this in the previous release...
    something is wrong with the list view...

If I click on the rows in the list as it's was load by default the row updates to something else...
    (I didn't request to refresh nor scroll on the list).

See image 1 (Original load)
    Image 2 - (The only thing I have done is click on each row of the list)... I updates to something else!!!

3rd - I got an error on joining an ISI server (Maybe an error! Now I am not sure what server it tried to load... I I clicked on the ISI/BS2000 At Mores race)...
    Last items... aren't there icons missing here... Looks like we are seeing the value of the list instead... See servers with passwords... I assume there are the ones that show a value of 1...

View attachment 11882 View attachment 11883 View attachment 11884

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Check your packages folder to be sure you don't already have the rfmod file but not installed. GetMod will not overwrite existing files.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you confirm if you already have the rfmod in your packages dir? If so, this is in known issues.txt, getmod cannot get a mod you already have, even if it's not installed.

4. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Didn´t want to make a new thread about it and this title does cover it so....
    I get "weird" server lines in the MM list. Dont get them all the time and often after a refresh they either disapear or they show as they should, but sometimes like this one they stay no mather how many times I refresh. Never noticed this before B494.
    View attachment 11897

5. 88mphTim

Looks like the server info is in a cell to the right of where it should be. Thanks.

6. vali

vali Registered

Yes, I noticed the same problem. Is not a new bug, it happens with 494 too. It seems the "Game Name" is too long and don't get truncated.

My resolution is 1440x900. Does it happens to anyone with wider resolution?

7. 88mphTim

Yep, 1920x1080 I've seen it now.

8. boxer

boxer Registered

Tim I the don't download VMODs so no I don't have that in my source install directory...

There is definitely a refresh or re-sorting happening in this view.... but only takes affect when clicking... and only the row that is clicked is updated.
    Very odd.. every so often I will see some other random row(I am positivity is not so random) highlight in yellow) (other then the one clicked). This was in the previous build as well.

I am able to join both Mods today no errors so far....

9. 88mphTim

Can you explain what this line means? Thanks.

10. boxer

boxer Registered

Since I was refering to MP I only install MP mods throught the rFactor2 MP GUI... and not through mod manager.... so the two 515 ISI Mods dont existing in any of my Packages folder(My source folder where I download things to)...(perhaps I'm confusing things).

By source directory I meant (Packages directory(s) per Mod Manager caption) as I have multiple directories with files.

ISI - is for ISI content only
    Cars - for 3rd Party
    Tracks - for 3rd Party
    Plug Ins and a few others.

Since ther are multiple packages folders.... now I am confused... :)

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Packages (This one is empty)

Now I assume you meant this one.

C:\Users\<myuser name her >\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Packages
    02/03/2014 12:50 PM 703,038 Brabham_Mix.rfmod
    28/02/2014 09:03 PM 50,245 F3_Fanatics_World_Cup_1st_Round.rfmod
    06/03/2014 06:49 PM 702,228 Megane_Mix.rfmod
    27/02/2014 08:57 PM 701,147 NGTRMix.rfmod
    05/03/2014 07:18 PM 702,675 SB2000_Mix.rfmod
    02/03/2014 04:58 PM 725,345 SimRacingPL_GT_day.rfmod

11. 88mphTim

I'm still confused about what you're telling me. :) There should be one packages dir for 515. I'm only going to be talking about the packages dir used by 515 as that's what we're testing and when you were joining thats what the sim should have been using.

12. boxer

boxer Registered

I haven't been able to reproduce MOD download failed error.

(I had assigned the same path for the core and the data location (Rfactor Picked the core folder and I just did CTR+C & CTRL+V or the data path)... even though that's not where rFactor2 installer placed the data files...) Reason I assigned same folder is I won’t get in game spotter otherwise).
    The data path’s was “C:\Users\<myuser name here >\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\....”
    (FYI - I only have 1 build installed at a time...)

I'll Try again...
    -UN-Installed rFactor2,
    Verified that neither the "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2" exist
    nor the data folder exists ““C:\Users\<my user name here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\.”
    Confirmed.

Re-Insall Build 515
    Here are the two paths used now
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2
    C:\Users\<user name here>\Documents\rFactor2\
    Verify packages installed.... Clio_PC, TMTires,Comentary,nations,rF2 Showrooms and rFacto2 UI.

Load Rfactor2 MP - Check If I can join the game... Unable to Join - I am missing tacks and car mod required... Everything is OK.

Exit rFactor2 and install required mods cars/tracks from local HD...
    Installed:
    ISI_Renault_Mega.../1.44
    ISI_SkipBarber_2010/1.46
    ISI_Silverstone_2012/1.14
    ISI_LimerockPark_2012/1.43
    ISI_LochDRumm...2013/1.1
    ISI_Mores...2013../1.02
    (Nothing else)

Start MP again...
    Download mod & join both ISI 515 races on the server...(no issues)
    **List display/refresh still an issue. Still missing Icons from the list views...

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

FYI, the Packages folder that GetMod uses is the default location only. It doesn't look at the ModMgr settings to fine your custom Packages folder. The path you would need to check for an existing vmod would be <DataPath>\Packages. That is the ONLY folder GetMod uses.