Moving rF2 steam to a new drive

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by bravotangosix, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

I just got a new SSD and decided to put the Steam rF2 version onto it. I backed everything up INCLUDING the workshop items. I created a new Steamapps folder through steam. Transferred the rF2 folder over. Un-installed rF2 then re-installed to the new h/drives location. All good. No problems.
    I then copied the workshop items into their correct folder but Steam refuses to see them and is trying to download the lot again. All 21.2GB of them. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 1Mb internet connection but no matter what I do Steam just won't recognise the files. I even tried copying them into the folder that the new files are being downloaded to but still Steam refuses to 'see' them. Any help would be greatly appreciated as having to d/l all 21GB would be a nightmare especially considering I have all the files already just sitting there taunting me. I also want to keep the convenience of having the workshop auto update so that rules out just moving the files in to the packages folder.