Move SteamCMD dedicated server from C: to F: ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by ceecee, Jan 21, 2018.

1. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Can someone help here ?
    I want to move my dedicated server from C: to a SSD (drive letter F).
    I copied the C:\SteamCMD folder and the C:\rFactor2-Dedicated to F: and run F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin32\ModManager.
    Mods installed but when I run F:\rFactor2-Dedicated.exe, it cannot find them.
    I then deleted all folders on F: and downloaded SteamCMD.zip and ran F:/SteamCMD to install rFactor2-Dedicated on F: and it wrote over my C:\rFactor2-Dedicated folder and killed all my working settings. Nice.
    Steam is no help, there is no Steam dedicated server help thread to be found on the forum here either so I am hoping someone knows the answer because now I have nothing.

Edit : by trial and error I could install on F: using
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir F:/rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 +quit
    I installed the tracks and STK GT3 mod using F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin32\ModMgr.exe
    New rfMod made in F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin32\ModMgr and opening F:\rfactor2-dedicated.exe I get the message : No Mod files or installed mods found.
    ModMgr checked, everything in the correct folder and installed.
    Anyone have an idea ? I really want to run the dedi on its own SSD.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you run modmgr, take a look at which folders it's using down in the bottom-right. Personally when I run ModMgr I use a shortcut with the working folder set to the main rF2 folder. You can also add +path=".." to the very end of the shortcut.

ceecee likes this.
  3. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks for the answer Lazza :)
    F:\SteamCMD
    Working Dir : F:\rFactor2-Dedicated
    Packages Dir : F:\rFactor2-Dedicated\Packages
    I double checked, reinstalled and made multiple rfMod's with F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe but still get the "No Mod files or installed mods found" when opening F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin64\rFactor2-Dedicated.exe
    I checked and the rfmod's were in F:\rfactor2-dedicated\Packages

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Are you using a shortcut to start the dedicated server executable and does that shortcut contain the +path=".." parameter. Also shortcuts can't handle you moving folders around so consider making a new one.

ceecee likes this.
  5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thank you Marcel and Lazza, the +path=".." parameter took care of it ! :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Marcel Offermans likes this.