MoTec or REal Time Telelmetry support?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 12, 2012.

1. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I switched out the loggingon.wav with the wav files from the rF1 plugin. It's a lot easier to tell if the plugin is running or not. The beeps are somewhat confusing.

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

well, I don't have a plugin folder in the "core" folder...
    only in rf2 root folder, what should I do?
    I tried to put all this in the root folder and it doesn't work..

I'm going to try to put it in the core folder but i doubt that it's gonna work...
    back in a while ;)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Terminology confusion. rF2 installs to two locations: a core folder, and a data folder. The 'core' folder has a Plugins folder in it... and a Core folder ;)

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Does anyone have info on Real Time Telemetry? This is also a very handy dandy tool. I have seen nothing on getting it to work with rFactor 2

5. Alekhine

Alekhine Registered

Hi
    I've studying this some hours with rf2 BETA.
    To my opinion: it's hard with my method... because all data change place everytime when I launch the game.
    No static pointers in RAM here... :confused:

Regards,
    Alekhine (MotecAdd Dev.)

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I hope you get it worked out. I use it all the time with Race 07 and GTR2- I love your work!

Thank you.

7. Tomhah

Tomhah Registered

8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

On my wish list is a standardized and documented Interface to the in-game telemetry data to avoid incompatibility issues with different releases of rFactor like on rFactor1 where experts doing the data acquisition had to read values directly from the Memory.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's an old version of the plugin. Not sure how or why it's ended up passworded there. Please see this thread:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Motec-Plugin

I agree Merlin, I also look forward to having many more files (AIW, engine, ...) being created so plugins etc can reference them. I guess there's always a danger of providing information that a private plugin might be able to use to gain advantage during racing, but that's probably a blurry line at the best of times...

*Oops, silly me... I probably locked that old download to stop people getting it :eek:

10. 64r

64r Registered

Here's a little something I have been working on. I have started to modify our in-house professional data analysis tool to be used with rFactor 2 etc. I will be looking for a few Alpha testers at the end of the month to make sure it's bug free and good to go, there's a fair bit of work before it gets released (time is always a problem) but I posted a quick video to show you a WIP.

Any requests for features etc let me know.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1637-rfactor-2-beta-video-s?p=159522&viewfull=1#post159522