MoTec or REal Time Telelmetry support?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 12, 2012.

1. novak

novak Registered

First, thanks Lazza for you plugin.
    But i have strange result with tire temp:
    View attachment 795
    It's a Megane-mod Bug? or i make a mistake with the configuration of the Motecplugin.ini ?

2. speedy84

speedy84 Registered

I was astonished too ;-)
    I think thats the way ISI realise a flat spot

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably a few different issues at play here.

First, I don't think the tyre model is fully tweaked yet. They get VERY hot when sliding (get a slide going, then plant the throttle and loop it... the temperature on the HUD can hit 400+°C) but by the time you get to the end of the next straight they're on 45. So perhaps a bit too much heat from friction and not enough from rolling - but I think ISI have said the model is still being worked on, with tyre pressure being one specific area that isn't working right yet.

The problem from the plugin side at the moment, and the reason you're seeing the temperatures 'switch' down to the bottom, is that I'm using 2 bytes to store the temperature and giving it 2 decimal points. 2 (signed) bytes can store values from -32768 to +32767, which with 2 decimal points become -327.68 to +327.67. As soon as the figure gets above that maximum, it will loop to the minimum (much like 'clocking' in a lot of old arcade-style games). Must admit when I set those up I didn't think I'd see tyre temperatures around the 330° mark and it hadn't crossed my mind since :)

The other difficulty is that, presumably, in rF1 the tyres were basically big chunks of rubber with 3 temperatures at a given moment, which were also affected by heat transfer to the air inside the tyre. So when you locked a tyre, for example, the entire inner or centre or outside part of the tyre heated up. I'd say that now the tyre surface is modeled/sampled at a number of points around the wheel, so that a recently flatspotted section will have a slightly smaller radius and a much greater temperature than the tyre as a whole. The question then is does the HUD display the average of the entire tyre, or the surface temperature, or a weighted-average of either one to better illustrate its current condition, or even a maximum temperature (of the surface, or at a given depth) at the moment - and then what gets reported in the plugin interface? Who knows :)

4. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Plugin is installed and comes up during game, but no logging here either. I have /Core, /Log, and /Plugin in main root rfactor2 folder, with the Motec Plugin in the /Plugin folder. Is there something else I need to do for it to create a log file?

Alan

5. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

i2 standard works great!! or should we get i2 pro?

6. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/?yxzolumc9tudlrx

8. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I already have the file.

I've got everything working. What version of the motec software am I supposed to use. I can't seem to be able to load the log file into the software.

Anyone got a link to the software and any other instructions I'd need to know to read the files?

Alan

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

i2Pro is the software. From Motec.

When in the car, and once the plugin icon disappears, press Ctrl-M. You'll hear 'upwards beeps' (my technical term) which means logging is switched on. It's off by default. You can make it on by default by editing the .ini.

10. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

is i2pro free?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well I'm certainly not advocating pirating a program... so yeah, it's free. Go to Motec and have a look.

12. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

thanks lazza!

13. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

Thank you Lazza, very cool (and needed) plugin.

14. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

I had the same problem after installing the plugin. While creating the correct ini file does not save the LOG data, despite the chirp and the plug icon appears in the upper left corner of the screen.

The solution could not be easier. I really did not activate the plugin. After pressing Control + M all went well, and created the data file in the LOG.

Then I put the value 1 in the activation line at login, so it's always enabled by default.
    Active on startup = 1 // Sets whether logging is active by default; 0 = no, 1 = yes

Lazza, thanks for the prompt input.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Where is this line you speak of?

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Thanks alot, great plugin works super! But I can confirm, that the tyre-temps are acting really weird - they seem to level out a bit after some laps, but still very big changes in short time...

17. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

In the MotecPlugin.ini file.
    In the Program Files (x86)> rFactor2 folder

18. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Just so everyone understands what they are doing, here is MoTeC's official stance on rFactor:

http://www.motec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1298&sid=1474a1a89d64651d2322c9198c4838bb

So how much does an motec license for rfactor2 run?

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well, ISI does not support MoTeC or even mention it - this plugin might be considered a breach of copyright, but it's free and is simply collecting data to create a file which is motec-compatible. They don't have a case. But the clients using the MoTeC-tool can arguably be breaching the Terms and Conditions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Ahhhhh!!!!! Mine didn't come with one I guess. lol. Oh well. thanks.