motec files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlis Vitols, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

can someone give to me a motec file for s397 GT3 Silverstone GP laptime under 2min?
    GT qualify left many questions for myself.. i did 2-2.7...
    i would love to compare with some decent time and learn where is my fundamental misconception of racing

Dave^ and Lazza like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't offer any logs but I have to give you credit for "fundamental misconception of racing" :p

TJones and lagg like this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Having been (being) in that mud water myself, I can say that probably, (setup aside), the main reason for your laptimes is because you do not stick to the mantra: SLOW IN , FAST OUT. If you are like me, you may carry too much speed into a turn, delaying your next full throttle phase. You think you are going fast, because you are at grip limit most of the time, but in reality you are wasting energy going sideways instead of forward. Try to brake BEFORE the turn, and make the turn ON throttle. Every km/h more on your turn exit, is a Km/h that you carry down for the whole straight, sooner you accelerate, faster you are. There are probably half seconds at each turn to be found if you start accelerating before the turn instead of after. If you simplify to the extreme racing, the only thing that matter is HOW MANY SECONDS YOU ARE FULL THROTTLE IN A LAPTIME. Everything that make you delay this condition, is slowing you down.

4. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Just been thinking myself that we need a repository of files so we can compare with others, as that's kinda the whole point in collecting data.

I'll run that combo now, but I doubt I'll be of any use! ;)

Edit - I assume you meant the the GT layout of Silverstone 2012, and the GT3 DLC cars?

If so, all I could manage was a 2:04.xxx in the Aston.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020