More Tolerance for No-Headlight-DQ

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcoSaupe, Nov 24, 2018.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

yesterday we had an 3 hour race through the night, and one of the drivers said he got DQd for no headlights, when he was flashing the lights to signal another driver to pass him here.

I think the chances of wreckers waiting without lights in the night is small, so maybe for a quick fix, the time without headlights before getting DQd should be set higher, and/or warning messages with increasing intensity, to give you a chance to correct it, if you left it off for a moment too long.

A more extensive solution would be a drive trough first, and a DQ later, but just increasing the time before DQ would be good enough, I think.

Thanks.

RoWo likes this.
  2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The no light warning(s) sometimes fails to Show up. If sun is low, it´s not clear that you have to turn Lights on. I got a DQ Right after Lap1. Again: NO hint you Need light when joining track, no warning some seconds before "Blackout" or at any other time. .
    There should be at least 3 warnings before getting a DQ, like for drive through/ penalty stops when you drive the last lap before duty to serve the penalty. At least 10sec before "Blackout" DQ you should get a warning!

Still, you can think About somebody waiting in a box, e.g. 5min repair in a 24race, or waiting 10min for somebody else to take over or whatever. You leave the PC in this time for a moment. Now suddenly sun is low and requirement for light is there. You do not notice it, bang DQ.
    So: Best Thing would be an autolight, turning on light if it is required (same for wiper btw, depending on windshield wetness). If you Flash someone, you can turn it on/off, but 10sec after inactivity it is enabled again if game requires light. You enter track it ´s immediatly on if required.
    Server Option to turn light DQ off completly would be nice allready, then throw a warning every lap

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They should use the FCY box to warn about lights, and yeah it's only 5 seconds or less and then DQ, just ridiculous.
    Same thing if you exit the pits before the green flag, instant DQ, some people cross it by mistake they could give a few seconds for the driver to get the car back behind the line.
    Both are very old issues.

4. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I just found out: The race was startet ingame 5.30PM with x5 time accel. If I drive offline race, light warning Flash up at 6.17PM approx. This is 9minutes realtime, 5-6 laps Maybe. I got DQ in Lap2, Lap1 a slow Installation lap.
    If I let drive the AI (I-Key), they switch light on offline at 5.51PM approx. Because we did a slow Installation lap under green (different bug we had to work around, had to do a Manual warump lap under green pacing us ourselves), this Matches very well the time when I got DQ - far ahead of the actual time when you would get the message. Clear bug imo. And now I probably know why I did not get a warning. My logfile says Nothing aobut the DQ btw.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would guess, the easiest solution, not to the OP, but these other issues, would be if you know your race will even be close to needing lights, TURN THEM ON! Don't wait for the sim to warn you, don't wait for the sun to sink, It's 4:30pm and you'll be racing til 8pm or 10pm...GET THEM ON.
    Now to the original poster, Flashing lights is a courtesy and the driver should be commended for it. But proper testing might have found this problem before the race. And if not....well, lesson learned now. Flashing adds immersion, but our old sim isn't ready for it yet.
    I do like the idea of easing the DQ time limit....instead of just seconds to enable lights, perhaps a longer time period before the sim acts punitively.

Emery likes this.