more streering lock

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Driftnick13, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Driftnick13

Driftnick13 Registered

trying to find out what file i need to edit to give the 370z more steering lock, the default lock (26 i think?) is far to low to be able to hold a good drift or really throw the car around, mainly want to do it to test how good the physics are atm for drifting

not sure if this is the right place to post this but any help would be great:)

2. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Edit the car's HDV file -> "SteerLockRange" line. 1st value is minimal lock, 2nd is step range, 3rd is step count.

3. Driftnick13

Driftnick13 Registered

this stuff was so easy in Rf1, now I have no clue what to do after i edit that file lol

thanks for your help, i think i'll go to sleep and try it when im not tired:p

4. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Hehe, you have to repack it now, so it will be a "new" mod, I think (or you can use in dev mode without packaging it).

5. Driftnick13

Driftnick13 Registered

how do you even get the mods installed into dev mode?

6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Well, extract the mas files to the dev mode directory with the included mas2 program. You need to maintain proper folder structure - btw its 90% the same as in rf1. If u are new to this, read a bit about inserting cars and tracks into the game. I'm sure ISI provided us some useful documents, just can't find it online now...