More immersion with Voice Attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rer8, Sep 23, 2016.

1. rer8

rer8 Registered

I use voice attack combined with a DSD button box, and my wheel to do some of the many things that make rFactor 2 the best racing simulator available for the money. I ran across an article that, has improved my understanding if not revolutionized my use of Voice Attack in the game.Switching Profiles in Voice Attack Made Easy... By Commander Malandark, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/133188-Switching-Profiles-In-Voice-Attack-Made-Easy

Voice Attack is a low cost powerful tool that I have found useful, and fun to use. The article listed above added a level of accessibility to the game... If you have more than one race game or sometimes want to check email or something in your browser it is possible to speak a command that will place those tools at your fingertips by a simple one or two word voice command.... I am now able to use the same commands in other race game titles without re-writing the commands again, and again.

I love technology, and this adds one more dimension to the game... example: I need to do an in race pit-stop... the command word I use is "box."

I am looking forward to the changes that will soon be taking place under the Studio 397 banner, and making my use of Voice Attack more portable to other titles will make change easier.

Have fun...

2. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Does your profile allow for pitstop changes ? Such as talking to the crew chief to only take 2 tires ? If so how are you doing it ?

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV

3. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Not addressed to me, but Voice Attack can let you do pretty much anything with the custom macros. It even lets you specify how long you want pauses to be between key presses. So you're pretty much limited only by your imagination of what kind of key combos you want to create.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Cool. Will be giving that a try. Can you use with an override button while on teamspeak ?

5. Comante

Comante Registered

You can use the same key in both progam, in TS to mute the micro, and in VA to use it (this is pure specutalion and I use only TS)

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've tried Voice command programs over the years. My biggest problem, being an old fart, was remembering what I named the commands. And then of course, my 'heat of battle' voice rarely matched my calm cool collected recorded entries.
    Glad you are getting good results.