Monaco ePrix price charged three times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by wilson, May 10, 2019.

1. wilson

wilson Registered

I just bought the Monaco ePrix via Steam, but during the buying process I received some errors. Now it turns out that the price of 7,98 euros has been charged three times from my Paypal account :-( How can I get a refund of the 15,96 euros that I paid unneccesarily?

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

3. wilson

wilson Registered

Hi Marcel,

I tried requesting a refund for 2 of the 3 purchases via help.steampowered.com, but it gives the following error (in Dutch):

We hebben een tijdelijk probleem met de communicatie van de itemserver van het spel. Helaas kunnen we daardoor niet verdergaan met jouw terugbetalingsverzoek. Probeer het later opnieuw.

Help? :(

4. wilson

wilson Registered

I've asked Steam support for a refund and got the following response:

Hey thanks for contacting Steam and giving us a heads up on the issues.

I would advise contacting the game developer and making them aware of the purchases.

Let them know you accidentally made duplicate purchases for in-game items.

Please see if they can refund the purchases or verify that if Steam processes the refund that there will not be issues or restrictions on your in-game account.

Once we are able to verify that there should be no problems we can go ahead and process the returns.

You can reach rFactor 2 support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

Let us know of their response.

Once we have more information we'll be happy to investigate further.

If you need help submitting a screenshot, please see our Saving a Screenshot article.

Steam Support
    Mandus

So Steam says: ask Studio 397. Studio 397 says: ask Steam

I could use some support here. I'm a loyal customer who's bought every single DLC that's available for rF2.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have an idea....is there anyway to transfer to purchase to another user? Like a gift function on Steam. If that was possible, we could wrangle up a couple of users to pay you instead of Steam.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Please send me a direct e-mail (marcel.offermans@studio-397.com) with your support request and I will formally respond. I am not aware of a way we can directly refund you for that item, but I will respond to you and Steam that we are perfectly fine giving you a refund for an accidental double purchase of this item.