SOLVED MODMGR.EXE (32&64bit)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mangoletsi, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

Howdy,

Discovered yesterday, that both 32 and 64 bit MODMGR.EXE inside the game installation, nolonger functions with the paid DLC.

In the Steamcmd version, you have a message at the top, that says KEY LOADED. Once you had that, you can install the paod DLC.

The main game installation doesn't have the keys loaded message, and won't function with the DLC.

The only way to install the DLC rfcmp's from the packages folder, is through the content manager from within rFactor2.
    This is very time consuming, as you can only install one rfcmp at a time.

The reason I have been installing the DLC from the packages folder, is that I can delete the rfcmp's after installation, to save hdd/ssd space.

2. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

Had another look this morning.

Once I deleted the ServerUnlock.bin, ServerKeys.bin and UnLock.bin.

Regenerated new ones,
    1st starting a server, to generate a new ServerUnlock.bin,
    2nd, start rFactor2 which generated the new ServerKeys.bin and UnLock.bin

Now the MODMGR.EXE (32 and 64bit) are now saying Keys Loaded the same as the SteamCMD Dedicated Server version.

To explain a little more in my findings. In the past rFactor2 game installation, you only had one dependency to be able to install the paid DLC, which was the UnLock.bin. Now you need both the UnLock.bin and the ServerUnlock.bin in the game installation.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021