Modifying Practice and Warmup sessions start time?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Harmermania, May 27, 2013.

1. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I've looked through all the options, including the multiplayer.ini file, and I cannot see any option to change the time of day for practice and warmup sessions in a dedicated server. The only adjustable time appears to be the race start time. This makes it difficult to set up an evening or night race because no one will be able to practice at a time near race-time. I'd like to set practice for, say, 7pm, with the race at 8pm, for example. As it stands now, every one will have to practice in what appears to be mid-day.

Have I missed it somewhere? If not, this should surely be on ISI's to-do list I would hope.

I've browsed the entire "hosting help" forum and I have not seen this mentioned.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I just saw these lines in the "player.plr" file.
    Practice1StartingTime="840" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight
    QualifyingStartingTime="840" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight
    WarmupStartingTime="850" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight
    I had seen these before but didn't think it applied to multiplayer. I'm going to try it now, but I'm guessing this is what I needed.

Edit2: Yep, that was it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  2. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

look in the PLR

3. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered