Modified Environment Reflections Off Setting

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hectari, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Thanks very much for the new and improved environment reflections off setting, exactly what was needed :cool: I have a suggestion though, you might want to consider renaming Low to Medium and make the old Off setting the new Low setting. I won't use it, but there might be a hoarde of drivers that will still prefer the previous off setting.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1 Good idea

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

any screen shots showing difference ?

4. Hectari

Hectari Registered

494 environment reflections off:

[​IMG]

589 environment reflections off:

[​IMG]

So basically in 494 you have smooth fps reflections like you do with High setting, but the ref map updates every 20 seconds, so as you can see you have objects being reflected that are long behind you and a massive contrast when the update happens. Now in 589 the only things in the reflection map are the sun/sky/clouds. The skip barber is quite bright from cockpit, maybe just the shape of the car in relation to where you sit in the cockpit and it's quite a shiny car anyway and nothing blocking light. EVE F1 looks fine, tried default skin and league skin, all good. This setting is a much better level for off, function over form, no distraction now. Also drove around for a while with heavy clouds, map update is barely noticeable in a dark car(used that blue skip), only managed to see it a couple of times but was very subtle. No chance can I see that in EVE F1! Overall very good change, thumbs up!

Edit: Also noticed the stand is missing its shadow in 589. Same settings in both, shadows maxed, same time of day and weather. Any idea what the difference is?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Hi Tim,

I didnt test it but does this work to if i make a material setting with no live reflections? Would be great to get that there to.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I agree with that, after testing the last Build, the old Off render was better for me than the current Off one.
    The New Low level kill me 20 FPS :( The old Off one was perfect for me in rendering and FPS. Please, introduce it again at Low level, please !!!