Modern racecars is bad for your driving skill !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Driving the greatest variety of types of cars with consistent physics is a very good thing to progress, we all agree.

But I think that if someone wants to drive mainly the last S397 GT3 or GTE (for example), he can also progress a lot.

I just think it is better in this case to deactivate the TC and ABS.

In fact, we have to drive what makes us want the most, but the key is always the same : drive a lot, make a lot of laps...

Almost 2 years ago, I had stopped playing for many months, and to get back to level I drove alone on the track, in a hotlap, still on Sebring, and I drove about 20 minutes by car.
    My goal was to do this for the 35 cars I had on rF2 (only the official S397 and some slowmotion).

A few days later, after having done all the cars, I really felt like I had regained my driving skills level : it had been effective.

If it were to be redone now I would do it on the Nurburgring Combined.

2. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

I'm new here. The other day I did the Schumacher S flat out without lifting in a GT3 for first time in my life. I couldn't believe it, I shouted and my wife though I won a race or something. I knew it can be done but I always crashed in other sims. I haven't been able to do it again, by the way. I don't know how I did it. This is what I mean when I say that this sim makes me a better driver.

Imagine... perhaps one day I'll do Eau Rouge without lifting too.

avenger82 likes this.
  3. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Just watch this video of Dale Earnhardt on a road course back in the day. These cars are sliding all over the track! If NASCAR was like this today I would watch every race! That is some very exciting racing!

avenger82 likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

True. Thats driving ! And racing !

Some people say as argument against classic cars "I don't want to fight car, I want to fight other drivers in race". Well, funny thing to me it seems like there is even more severe fighting against GT3 car for example, it happens less, but when it happens it is very quick and very unrewarding. With older racing cars, that I think these Nascar cars fit in, fighting car might be more constant process, and it is the way to be fast and it is rewarding, normal part of performing with it.

I like how these drivers has mastered those cars and track, throwing those big powerful beasts into turns at their absolute limit, relying only on the sliding friction of their tires to not slide more than they need to stay on the path, while they slide four wheel drifts through half of the turns. It is surely very exciting to watch. And I don't think it should be looked as fighting the cars, but thats their natural way of being at the limit, with great caution of course (perhaps with lack of skill it could be perceived as fighting). We don't see very much of that these days, because laptimes has trumped entertainment, and cars technology has trumped over drivers need to dance the cars.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered