Modding HUD help needed for 1st timer.

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Syaitann, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Syaitann

Syaitann Registered

Spent last night trying out the dev mode hud editor. Got as far as I could understand atm and arrived at my initial problem, the size of driver's/car position on the bottom left screen. The edit in dev mode was made in 1980x1080 which is the same as my singleplayer mode. Duplicated from multidial hud, detached all tach attchments and replaced with text for now, will play with tvop things next.

In dev mode I see this
    [​IMG]

In SP mode this
    [​IMG]

I also have a few other questions
    1. texture partition, my guess is to determine the x y positions and sizes. so my question is where does the coordinate start? If mistaken pls do tell. (update: managed to play around with texture partition, got the jist of it - start top left end bottom right. Edit2: However at 1080 I cannot scroll while at partition texture which may be the cause I cannot select the area I want) edit. got this down, will have some question like how to reassign the driving aids items. got the mfd box not the 'icons', my guess is flags is also affected. edit. got back my driving aids items working.

2. Is there a shortcut, dev console perhaps to activate flags, lights, all boxes, etc.

There are also other question bout adding digital tach, adding lights etc but can wait while I learn to assign stuffs from the texture.

Thanks in advance,
    Nua Sidek

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Syaitann

Syaitann Registered

Devs pls check, atm the 'BestLapTime For Current Slot' is broken. Will work fine when selected and tested on the spot, however will revert back to 'BestLapTime' after reloading track. Yes I did save beforehand. Also after selecting, saving and immediately exited dev mode I checked the .ini file and it did say 'BestLapTime For Current Slot', I then proceeded to package the file and tested it in SP mode but it still reads out the best lap time currently on track (aka 'BestLapTime') despite the .ini file inside the .mas file that is inside the 'Installed' folder says 'BestLapTime For Current Slot' (aka my best lap).

Nua