Modder's Hangout

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Kristoff Rand, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

[FONT=&amp]Hello all...

Some of you may know me... My name is Krisidious, I mod mostly stock cars and such. I have some friends who are also modders and we were discussing the lack of a neutral ground to hang out and mod, discuss modding tools and procedures. Not a forum like this, where you post, hope and wait... , a hang out where people could sit in a teamspeak as they work and then just speak up if they came upon an issue or found a new tool. And that through common knowledge and teamwork more could be accomplished in our respective works. We feel that many leagues only have one or two "modders" and that as people's lives change, modding teams are broken up and the community pays for it with a lack of growth and progress. People, like myself, become disinterested in things when it becomes a hassle or you hit some wall you can't get past or there is no one there to help.

We also feel that when modders try to find places to learn and mod, they end up at other leagues, which creates dissension among leagues and members. This neutral ground could offer a solution to these issues.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO DO WORK FOR US! ------ WE ARE NOT OFFERING TO WORK FOR YOU!

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]We are simply offering people of like mind and interest a place to come and hang out with others interested in the same thing. Some people may choose to work together on various projects, but our hope is that together we will all become more adept at modeling, texturing and building physics. That we will create a more vibrant and capable modding community that will lead to a more vibrant and enjoyable rFactor community. If there is interest and if it needs to grow into something bigger, such as a website, a forum or a database to offer downloads then we can address that when we come to that. We have quite a lot of resources at our disposal and it would not be difficult. If you're interested... Drop by. If no one is around, hang out and maybe someone will be by later. I have nearly no life at all, so I should be somewhere close by.

Team Speak 74.91.120.195:10000

I would also extend this invitation to people who want to learn how to mod, but know nothing about it. While I can't promise a lot of time, I have lots of resources that will help and will do what I can to assist.

Look forward to meeting some modders.[/FONT]

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I must have...

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

The first night at the Modder's Hangout was great. Better than expected... About 8 people came through and a few stayed for longer periods and there was a lot of talk and sharing of ideas and tools, methods. I didn't think I would hear about stuff I didn't know about so quickly. It was very educational. People were even working and piping in with quick questions just as I had imagined... with a quick answer from someone with experience in the area, there was no time wasted search the internet or waiting on forum answers.

I think we're going to log the chat and publish it daily or weekly because of all the great links that are getting posted.

Feel free to come by and hang out and idle in the away channel. I think we'll keep this going.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

yay! My timezone was in bed when this miraculous event happened? :D

6. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Didn't mean all at once Woodee... Over the course of the day and night. I think counting you and me we had 5 at one time tops.

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Another good day in the hangout. Got to meet a few more guys, get some gossip on some goings ons round the sim world and we helped a guy get his spec map going. This cold be something if more people were on.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

This sounds very interesting to me Kristoff as I`m (slowly) trying to learn to model with 3ds max and it would be very helpful to have people to talk to about things in the modelling/modding world.

Will definitely drop by some time if the times work out... are you around most days? What sort of times (UK) are you on TS?

As it`s holiday time with me just now I might not be at my sim/modelling rig much these next 2-3 weeks but will definitely drop by soon and if it`s still going will be around much more often in the near future.

:)

9. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

yeah... Swing on by whenever... Can't say when I'll be on, but most times. if I'm not in the away channel say hi, if I am then hang out and I'll be back soon.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeah, I`ll defo swing on by, not sure when but I will. :)

11. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

wow...went onto yr ts, chatted to a few people...was great, went on today and have a permanent ban....is there a reason for this

12. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Yeah, sorry about that. We're partnered with In2SimGamers on a few projects and that was their call. You'll need to head over to their TS or Forum to ask for it to be lifted.

13. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

Ah....I wont bother...they seem to ban lots of people, I will head over to the other TS.....

14. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Kool... Sorry about any drama.