Mod Manager

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by JJStrack, Dec 16, 2012.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Today i installed an rfmod, so i could join a server with this mod.
    When i tried to join, RF2 said i don't have that mod - even though the mod manager didn't give me an error massage on installation of the mod.
    After i couldn't join the server, i checked back into the mod manager...now the mod was gone. Even though the rfmod file is located in the packages directory, the mod manager doesn't show it.
    Only the mod manager in the Core folder shows the mod. But that mod manager says, i haven't got the Brabham and 1960s World Class Racing installed, so i can't install my mod...but that is complete bullsh*t.
    Now please, Tim, can you explain me what that mod Manager in the Core Folder is? This is such a big mess!
    I love RF2 for it's FFB, but that mod system is freaking me out again and again...if anything, this would drive me away from RF2.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I've had the odd problem mods disappearing, what I do is go to:
    \rFactor2\Installed\rFm
    and
    \rFactor2\Manifests
    ...and delete the problem mod. Then try again installing it.

Odd problem.

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Ah, ok. That worked. Thanks mate!
    But still to Tim:
    What is the difference between the mod manager in the core folder and the one launched from the main menu??

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

The difference is the install location. It was already said many times that you MUST NOT run the mod manager directly. You must run it via the Launcher.

1 person likes this.
  5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

ah, thanks mate. hadn't read it anywhere. Still confusing. they should get rid of that.